Chapter 14 - New Game

I stopped running, not able to breath properly. I saw my uncle fall to the floor with a knife wound in his back. I should go and help him but I can't move. I didn't even notice Loki walk over to the controls panel. My last bit of family is dying and I'm doing nothing. What shaked m out of my still state was Thor disappearing in Loki's cell, and the sound of Phils voice.

"You're gonna lose."

"Am I?"

"It's in your nature."

"Your heros are scattered your floating fortress falls from the sky. Where's my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction." Suddenly all my grief and hurt channeled into hate and anger for this god.

You can't kill him, just injure, that will be enough

Voids voice rang through my head giving me advice.

"I don't think I-"

"LOKI!" I shouted cutting off his sentence. My voice had power and seemed to make everything go silent. I knew then I looked like him, and I was okay with that.

"Ah, I see you have lost control. The nogitsune taken over your body. Wondered how long it would take." I smirked and stepped closer to him. He was wrong.

"Oh no. I embraced that part of me and no I'm stronger than ever." His face dropped confused. I step forward.

"That's not possible. Two spirits can not live in one host, it's never happened before." I glanced back at Phil. He saw the dark circles under my eyes, and my hollow cheekbones. He knows the other part of me now, I turn back to face the god.

"Sorry I don't think I introduced myself right then. I am Stiles Stilinski-Coulson. And I am the only survivor of a nogitsune possession. So no one knew that our spirits would be joined together when I survived. Now I have a voice in my head giving my advice, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Because now, I can beat you." My voice was raspy, while a smirk played on my lips.

Loki lunged at me furious but I flipped him over. He struggled but couldn't get out of my grip.

"How? I am Loki, the God of Mischief!" He sid fuming.

"And I..." I stabbed him in the side with my dagger that was laced in mistletoe, he groaned in pain. "...I am Stiles, the trickster fox." I pulled out my dagger and got up. "Now run while you still can, but I will come for you."

Loki quickly got up and ran away from me. I felt my face change back to y normal, human, face. I ran to Phils side. I went on my comm.

"Hello anyone there? I need a medic!" The radio just cracked in my ear. I wiped away a few tears that I had let escape.

"I already called for them. Hey, kid listen to me. Remember what I said about control?" I nodded. "Good. Stay strong for me will you? Don't go dark." His voice stopped as Fury came into the room with medics. I walked over to the barrier and looked down at my hands. Crimson red covered them. I looked over to where I dropped my knife and picked it up and hid it once more.

Then he stopped. They called it.

I sat at a table with Cap and Stark, all of us waiting for Fury to say something. I didn't even want to be on this ship anymore. Death follows me everywhere I go.

"These ere in Phil Coulson's jacket pocket. I guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury chucked his Captain America trading cards on the table. Blood still covered a few of them. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this-" I looked at Stark.

What did Phil not tell me?

"-Called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring a group together of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, To fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heros." Stark got up and left. I stood from my place.

"Fury, all I want is for you to shut you, and to kill Loki." I stormed out, my destination is where he died. I knew Tony would go there. When I got there he was already there, just standing. We stood there in silence until Cap showed up.

"Was he married?"

"No.There used to be someone but it didn't work out." I answered.

"I'm sorry. He seemed a good man." I nodded but I heard Tony scoff.

"He was an idiot." I snapped my head round to him.

"Excuse me?"

"Why for believing?"

"For taking on Loki alone." I looked down. He wasn't alone. I was just too late.

"He was doing his job."

"He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have-" Anger built up in me. And I stood face to face with Tony.

"Say one more thing about him, I dare you." He just brushed past me.

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

"We are not soldiers! I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"That makes two of us. He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki, and me. After this I'm done with SHIELD. But we need to complete this job." I speak up.

"Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list-" Cap started but Tony interrupted.

"He made it personal." What?

"That's not the point."

"That's exactly the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?" Oh I get it now.

"Divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out. That's what he wants." I add on to what Tony was saying. "He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right. I caught his act in Stuttgart." Cap added.

"That's just previews. This is opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tilt diva right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered..." Cap and both give him a look. "Son of a bitch."

I ran to my room to get the suit I made a while ago when I was benched for nearly setting fire to the canteen. Long story. I pulled out the box from under my bunk and unlocked it to show the masterpiece I made, though I had help with it.

It was a tight fitting, black full bodysuit made of some sort of material I found out to be bullet proof, with electric blue lines streaming down it. The suit continued at the feet with strong soles designed for running and agility, the same with my hands. My collar flicked up and a hood covered my head, but my face was exposed. Some of my spiky hair stuck out at the front.

It had a gun holster on both legs, and I put on a belt for knives and grenadesI then pulled on a strap over my back for a katana. I quickly stocked up on weapons and took on last glance in the mirror. My face changing.

"This is for you Phil."

___________

I love this book so much! I have such good plans for it! Xx