Chapter 29

"Ariel I'm so sorry that happened to you. You are the last person who deserves that." Tyler said to me as we sat on his couch and I had just finished telling him 

I shook my head, "It's just, we're supposed to be best friends. And he doesn't believe what I'm telling him, as if I would have a reason to lie about it." I said.

"He's being a dick. And eventually he's going to realize it." Tyler said.

I just sniffed and stayed quiet for a few seconds, "I'm sorry you had to listen to me with all of this stuff again. I know it's the last thing you want to hear." I apologized to him.

He shook his head, "Don't apologize to me. You can complain to me all you want." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I smiled as I leaned into his shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you. All of you." I said.

He unwrapped his arms, "I'm gonna go order a pizza I'll be right back." He said getting up and walking into the kitchen.

Afterwards he came back and sat down next to me and we started watching movies on the TV. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Come on in." Tyler called and it opened to reveal Maya, Miles, Cole, Aaron, Alex, David, Brianna, and Brian who all walked in.

I looked at Tyler who was smiling at me, "You didn't order a pizza did you?" I asked him.

The smile stayed on his face as he shook his head, "I felt like this would be better." He said.

I smiled widely before getting up and running over to them. They met me with open arms and we had a group hug.

Fifteen minutes later we were sitting in a circle on the floor of Tyler's living room and I had told them what Katie had said to me, and done to cause the whole Lucas breakdown.

"Jesus Christ Ariel. You seem to have the shittiest luck in the world." Cole spoke up once I had finished retelling the story. 

I laughed humorlessly, "It appears so." I said. 

"Well, don't worry. This summer is going to be amazing. We're gonna go to the beach, plus our friendcation to Six Flags. And then, you and I get to spend a month in Ireland away from everything." Maya said, scooting closer to me and snuggling up to my side. 

I smiled and scooted to her as well, "Wait you two are going to Ireland? For a month?" Cole asked.

I nodded, "I thought I told you guys?" I asked, looking around the circle.

"You did. Cole just doesn't pay attention." Tyler spoke up.

"You two are going to be gone a whole month?" Cole asked. 

We nodded silently, "Well it's decided then, we're gonna die." He said.

I quirked an eyebrow in question, "Well come on. You two are the only ones that keep the rest of us from doing dumb shit. Without you two one of us is probably going to die." Cole said.

The other guys glanced at each other before seeming to shrug in agreeance, "Well, Brianna congratulations you're the next babysitter." I said cheerily. 

She made a face, "I'm honored." She said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week was spent in my bedroom watching Netflix and starting AP summer work. Lucas did not make an appearance when I watched Clara and it was best off that way.

Friday I went into school, since it was the last day. Maya and Tyler both kept me distracted throughout most of the day. It wasn't until History, when we had to watch all of the videos.