35

"Jimin! Jimin! Wake up!" Jimin waves his hand in front of him whilst his eyes were still closed to dismiss the voice disturbing his sleep.

"Jimin! Jiminnnnnnn!" The voice says once more, this time Jimin opens his eyes.

"What?" Jimin groans, shifting to his side.

"I'm going to be late for school." Hearing that, Jimin shoots up from the bed and glances at the clock which read 7:40 am.

"FUCK! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME?!" Jimin quickly stands up and starts heading to the bathroom but is stopped when he hears a burst of laughter from behind him. Jimin does a 180° and finds Yoongi laughing on the bed.

"I already dropped JiHyun off at school and let you sleep in." Jimin's jaw drops and he ruffles his hair.

"What? Oh, thank you so much...I don't know why I always end up waking late it's starting to become a bad habit of mine. I have been late-" "Don't worry I can handle that too." Jimin looks at the older, who is quick to vanish his smile. He clears him through to break the silence and Yoongi gets up from the bed.

"I thought we'd take today off since it seems you haven't slept well lately maybe that's why you always wake up late." Jimin nods and looks at the older who starts to walk out of the room.

"Come eat breakfast. I cooked waffles because JiHyun told me you liked them." Jimin gets up from the bed and walks behind the older towards the kitchen. The moment Jimin sees the kitchen, he starts laughing. Yoongi looks at Jimin with a fearful face.

"What? What's wrong? You crying again? Do I have something on my face? Do I-" Yoongi's series of questions is interrupted when he sees Jimin point towards the mess in the kitchen.

Pans, bowls, flour, sugar, and more tools are scattered around the countertop and visible fingerprints can be seen in the little piles of flour which could only be Yoongi's.

"Well, what do you expect? I'm not a five-star chef." Yoongi states with a pout. Yoongi wanted to hear Jimin say he was, and that he tried his best.

"Of course you aren't Yoongles," Jimin replies, Yoongi almost wanting to go suffocate himself with flour from what he had just heard.

What?

Yoongi is taken aback and so he makes a pouty face. He wanted sympathy, not for the younger to shove the fact that he isn't a chef more into his mind. Jimin laughs, even more, when he sees the older's reaction.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that you aren't a good chef...it's just that Jin-hyung only allows me to say that he's the best chef out in the world." Yoongi is left speechless before nodding. Jimin laughs once more and sits down at the table where his breakfast awaited him.

"Let's eat first and then I'll help you clean up that...worthing mess." Yoongi sits down across Jimin and begins to dig into the meal he prepared.

Once again, those memories of his mother and himself come back. Of course, waffles and pancakes weren't the same, but they still somehow reminded him about how he used to have pancakes with his mother every Sunday.

He hoped to start that tradition again with someone special. He hoped that special someone would be Jimin.

When the boys finished eating, it took a lot of reminding and begging to do so from Jimin because Yoongi didn't want to clean his mess.

"But you made the mess!" Jimin exclaims with his hands on his hips. Yoongi was still sitting down and was drinking a cup of orange juice that he freshly squeezed himself.

"But I that mess is an effect of me wanting to be nice! The cause was you for making me feel this weird feeling...I feel gushy and soft and fluffy and all these weird things. What's this called?" Yoongi questioned as if that feeling were a disease and would kill him.

"It's called happiness," Jimin says with a scoff before pleading his case.

"Clean. Your. Mess." Jimin states one more time before heading to the kitchen with their empty plates and snatches Yoongi's cup on the way there.

"Hey! I wasn't done!" Yoongi stands up and now has no choice but to go to the kitchen and clean because his orange juice had been kidnapped!

(Listening to 'Promise' rn and I'm 😭)

"Well, if you want to finish it you'll have to come to the kitchen and finish it here!" Jimin calls back. Yoongi groans in defeat and drags his feet to the kitchen.

"Great! Now that you're here, you can start cleaning the mess! Grab all the loose dishes and place them in the sink!" Jimin demands, his voice not fitting into the situation at all.

"No," Yoongi replies. Crossing his arms with a hint of sass included.

"What if I help you? Would that make you want to clean then?" Yoongi thinks for a quick second before giving his answer.

"Okay, deal." Jimin nods and begins bringing the dirty dishes to the sink, while Yoongi begins to put the ingredients he used away back into the shelves.

In no time, both are finished cleaning and it seems as if the great Yongle chef never passed through the kitchen.

"See, we even cleaned faster because we both worked together." Jimin lets a small smile creep on his face in satisfaction.

"I always want for us to work together," Yoongi mutters softly, Jimin turning immediately to his direction making Yoongi panic.

"What did you say?" Jimin questions, Yoongi now seeming a mess instead of the kitchen.

"N-Nothing." Yoongi stutters, the younger not seeming to take the stutter into account and just shrugs.

"C'mon, let's go for a walk to spend the day," Jimin suggests as he walks to the living room to place his shoes on, Yoongi following right behind at last letting his breath go.
_______________________________
———————————————————————
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Next chapter out in an hour or so :)

❤️💜❤️💜