Snow Glimpse

Hyoto held himself back from snickering. If he laughed then his 'heat of the moment' plan would be brought into light. What plan?

Well imagine his surprise that Kabu could be put asleep by just reciting the science behind identical twins. Hyoto found the topic interesting because he was a twin himself but the same thing couldn't be said for Kabu. For the big guy, this was meaningless knowledge for the brain.

So he was nodding his head off trying to stay awake but pathetically failing and not realizing what Hyoto had planned. He only thought he was reading an article out loud like he always did whenever he found something interesting.

The moment his head nodded down and never came back up was the moment Kabu was temporarily dead to the world. Hyoto let himself laugh as he shoved the blanket off his person. He was feeling better. How could he not when he had taken some trips to the bathroom. Honestly speaking, he may have a weak stomach and maybe a weak immune system because of his quirk but that could be avoided if Hyoto took good care of himself. And he did take good care of himself. Well, at least not to fall sick every time he got better from one. He was a doctor dammit!

Huffing a little, Hyoto changed clothes to ones that were baggy. He wanted to go out and being holed up in an underground house was not improving his mood in anyway. He even went as far as getting a hideous neon green wig, sunglasses and medical mask.

Don't get him wrong, he understood that heroes and villains were searching for him high and low and even the citizens were keeping an eye to their surroundings. Why were the civilians even helping? The answer was simple, Hyoto was the no. 2 Hero's son AND because of his quirk. Quirks that healed people were rare. Usually the government would take the people with healing quirks and put them in a highly secured and suffocating hospital with no regard to their desires and dreams.

Recovery Girl was the prime example to that treatment. She was jailed in that "safe heaven" until U.A. came and saved her. She had more freedom than she had in the hospital but she was required to stay in U.A.'s teacher dorms and only allowed to leave the premises with someone as a body guard. The government couldn't allow villains to kidnap a healer.

Hyoto knew that if he was caught then he would be sent to that hospital. No matter what his family said if they did say something. Speaking of family, he had arrived at his destination. In front of him was a backyard garden of a hospital but Doctor Snow remained hidden and away. He didn't move and waited and he didn't have to wait for long until he saw the person he was waiting for.

Todoroki Rei, his mother.

Doctor Snow watched as his mother walked around while she basked into the sunlight. She looked in peace and in serene. A smile graced her features before she looked behind her. A teen that Hyoto knew all too well came out of the building, Shoto. The half-white and half-red haired teen smiled back at their mother.

"Ha..." Hyoto let out a laugh at what he saw. This was it. This was the masterpiece that Hyoto was able to finally see. A picture of the people he broke smiling. They looked so satisfied so happy. They could be happy because Hyoto stepped out of the picture. This was what proved that his existence was a mistake. If only Hyoto had not been born then the family wouldn't have broken in the first place.

This scene gave Hyoto the final push. Even though this was the first time he visited his mother, this would also be the last time. Finally, Doctor Snow could leave his family. His fear wouldn't hold him back anymore.

"The next time we meet, it will be as strangers, Shoto..."

***

Her eyes had the sudden need to look at the solemn trees away from the garden and she saw a male with neon green hair. He wore sunglasses and a medical mask. For some reason, she worried if he was sick and wanted to approach him but didn't. She didn't know him after all.

"Kaa-san?" she heard her son call.

"It's..." she started as her eyes just didn't seem to want to leave the leaving man alone before she forced herself to give her attention to Shoto, "It's nothing."

Shoto tilted his head in confusion and worry laced his eyes. Rei lightly laughed at her son's cute worry.

"It's really nothing. Now, where was I?"

"That Hyoto wanted a cookie."

The mother laughed again and this time at the memory of her youngest.

"Yes, Hyoto was very small so he couldn't get to the counter and demanded for Natsuo to become a stepping box so he could get the cookie himself."

"Couldn't he just let nii-san get the cookie?"

"According to Hyoto, if he did that then he wouldn't be able to taste victory."

A laugh erupted from Shoto's throat. He couldn't believe that Hyoto was so weirdly amusing. The dual headed teen had no knowledge of this memory, mainly because he had gotten sick and was bedridden.

"Did he say what did it taste like?"

"You should know the answer to that question, Shoto," his mother responded.

"Huh?"

"That was the last cookie and he gave it to you."

Ah, but he remembered Hyoto entering their shared room with a cookie in hand and shoving it into his mouth for Shoto to eat. A lump of bittersweet nostalgia clung in Shoto's throat. Hyoto, although he cried and wanted to be spoiled 24/7, actually cared a lot for Shoto and always relented when it came Shoto.

Giving up the cookie, always playing as the monster, watching the hero programs even though he left in the middle, and... possibly... No, Hyoto had left the house because Shoto said he didn't want Hyoto. Realization had drowned Shoto with Hyoto's love, the affection that Shoto hadn't been able to see before and it was only today, now that he was able to see it. Feel it.

"Shoto?" Rei called out slightly panicked when she heard a choke from her son.

His face was buried in the palms of his hands and his shoulders shook.

"It tasted painfully sweet, kaa-san."

***

When Hyoto returned to the hideout, he was tackled down by Linker, the sweet girl. Hyoto laughed as she cuddled herself into his chest and the doctor sat up.

"Careful now," he chided gently.

"Where were you?" Reo demanded to know with arms crossed. Hyoto didn't need to look at the genius's face to know that there was a glare. He could feel it burning his back.

"I went to look for reason."

Kabu searched for what Hyoto meant by sharing a glance with Reo. The genius shrugged.

"And did you find it?"

"No," he didn't find a reason to stop his plan.