News

"Huh? What is Jungkook on the news for?"

    "I don't wanna say it myself. You need to see." Elijah explains.

    I sigh, predicting the news reporter will be gushing all about Jungkook's perfect billionaire life. Unfortunately, my prediction were inaccurate.

     Instead, I was something completely revolting and confusing.

A preppy blonde woman with bright red lipstick appears on the screen.

"Hi my name is Daisy and I'm reporting to you today's hottest news. Thanks for tuning in."

"First up, let's start off with a bang! Korea's youngest and richest bachelor is now taken! Jeon Jungkook, recently revealed as Mayor Jeon's son, was engaged last night."

    I pause the video. What is going on? This didn't happen before I time traveled.

"J-Jungkook's engaged? But he's only a kid!" I cry out.

Elijah bites his lip. "Continue the video. It gets worse."

"Jeon Jungkook was engaged to 30 year old Lee Minseo last night. It's a controversial engagement since the kid is in high school but it's apparently ethical since he is 18 and legally of age in many countries-"

I shake my head. "I don't care he's of age. It's still weird since he's in high school for crying out loud! Besides, Korea's age of consent is 19. Why would this happen?"

Elijah seems as stressed as I was. "Everybody in school has been talking about it and I had to do my own research. Apparently, Minseo is a Korean-born girl who's been raised in Spain for her whole life. She's the daughter of another politician-"

"This is a political engagement," I concluded.

"Yeah. But here's the weird part. This girl only speaks Spanish. She barely knows any Korean or English words yet she's engaged to Jungkook. How can they even communicate?"

"So this is probably an arranged marriage," I bite my lip.

   "Precisely." Elijah snaps his fingers. "I mean, has Jungkook mentioned this woman before?"

    I shook my head. During these past two intense weeks, I learnt the most important people to Jungkook were his gang members and his mother. If this woman had any significance to Jungkook, I would have known.

    "You're the only one who can put an end to this madness," Elijah concluded.

    I point to myself. "Me? Absolutely not-"

    Elijah groaned. "Come on, the only people actually close to Jungkook are absent. Yoongi, Jin and Hoseok are nowhere available. Jungkook kept a small circle, and everyone else was a fake friend to him."

    "And what am I?" I scoffed.

"Someone who I heard Jungkook talking about in the locker room and in the hallways..." Elijah revealed.

"What? He talked about me?" I raise my brow.

    "I mean, it wasn't even frequent but it was throughout the years. Everyone in elementary school knew had a crush on you."

    I snort. "He did not..."

Elijah crosses his arms. "Out of all the girls in our grade, Jungkook would only sign your yearbook. No one else."

"Yeah, but all that changed in 6th grade.." I grumble.

"Yeah what even happened then?"

Jungkook's mother died. And he felt hopeless ever since.