Cedric/ She Has A Date

Requested by @chaelinh
Hey readers Laura is East-Asian

Requested by @chaelinhHey readers Laura is East-Asian

I looked over at Cedric as he swung an arm around me. "Morning Ced, how's you sleep?" I questioned him.

"Just fine, what about you? You're my star chaser anyways." I playfully glared at him.

"I slept quite alright, I had the strangest dream. Apparently Unicorns have feelings too." Cedric burst into laughter as I chuckled.

An Owl flew overhead as it landed on my plate. "Damn it." I groan taking the letter. I opened it, inside were pictures of beautiful dresses for the Yule Ball. "Bloody hell."

"What is it?" Cedric asked taking the letter, he looked through the pictures and set one on the table, "Wear that one." I looked at it, it was indeed beautiful. "Alright, I'll owl my mom."

I marked the picture and put it right back in the letter, "Marshmallow take it back to mum." The owl grabbed the letter and left.
"What he was still here?!"

I have known Cedric since he was two and I was born. We practically grew up together, I have mixed feelings for him. I like him, but he sees me as his little sister.

"Laura wake up! You're sleeping on me... do you have a date yet to the ball?" Cedric asked making me go slight crimson.

"Not yet, but by Ellie's statements many boys are planning to ask me." Cedric scratched his neck.

"Actually La-."

He was cut off by Ellie, "Jacob just asked me to the ball, can you believe it Laura!!" She squealed. "Come with me dress shopping."

"I already picked my dress."

Ellie grabbed me, "Hogsmead now! Bye Cedric." She dragged me all the way there, I'm not joking.

—————
I walked down the corridor by myself in search of Cedric, when I turned the next corner I saw Cedric and Cho. A rush of jealousy went over me as I hide behind the corner.

Was Cho the girl Cedric always mentioned? Are they going to the Ball together... probably?!

I scouted closer trying to hear what hey we're saying, "Yule Ball... date... go with me... ask." I stopped as my eyes began to tear up. I turned around and began to walk the other way.

I ran into someone making me wipe my tears in embarrassment. "Laura? What's wrong?" I knew that voice immediately, Draco Malfoy.

"None of your business." Was what I would usually say but instead acme out, "It's Cedric, I thought he was going to ask me to the ball, but he's around that corner asking Chang. I think I get everything all up in my head, I just want someone to ask me, is it so bad I wanted Cedric to be the person."

Draco smiled at bit at me, "Do you maybe want to go to the balk with me Laura?"

A smile came to my face as I went to answer, "She has a date, now go Malfoy!" We both shared confused looks as we saw Cedric.

"What are y-."

Cedric grabbed my arm and began to pull me away as Draco walked down the other corridor. "What's wrong with you Cedric?! He was asking me to the ball."

"I know what he was doing!"

I glared at angrily at Cedric, "Than why did you cut it?! You already have a date, I was so close to getting one!"

Cedric gave me a confused look, "I don't have a date. I was trying to ask you, but Ellie cut in. So I went to Cho for advice."

I froze realizing how stupid I was, "Oh... you were going to ask me? Bloody hell Cedric! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid of what you would say. I didn't want to lose my best friend."

"You could never lose me, Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."

Cedric smiled down at me, "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me? As my girlfriend?"

I smiled giving him a soft nod, "I'd love too." Cedric wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"Thank Helga I was still scared you would say now. But you did yes to both things right. Ball and my becoming my girlfriend correct?" I smiled at him before pulling him into a small kiss.

"Does that answer your question?" Cedric nodded with a goofy smile playing on his lips.
—————

I stood in my yellow gown on the top of the girls dormitory with Ellie

I stood in my yellow gown on the top of the girls dormitory with Ellie. "Ready to go and meet our handsome dates?" I questioned as she nodded and pulled me down the stairs.

When we reached the bottom my gaze fell upon Cedrics smiling one. I-took his hand happily as he lead me out of the Common Room. "You look beautiful." I blushed moving a hair behind my ear.

"You look absolutely dashing." I replied making him smile.

We walked beside Ellie and Jacob going into separate conversations, till we finally reached the Great Hall. McGonagall came over to me and Cedric.

"Mrs. Owens, Mr. Collins you may go in I need these two for a moment." Ellie and Jacob nodded heading inside.

I looked at Cedric worried as McGonagall smiled at us, "Line up for the first dance. Champions and their dates lead the first dance." We just nodded walking over to Harry and Cho.

I glared at Cedric, "Why didn't you tell me about this? I'm a shy Puff! You should know this, not to mention I trip over my own-."

He kissed me to shut me up, "Use some Harry's Gryffindor courage, you'll do fine. Plus if I told you, you would have pretended to be sick and not come." I blushed knowing it was entirely true.

Soon we were lead inside the Great Hall which looked absolutely stunning. Everyone stared at us and clapped as we came to the dance floor.

We soon began to dance, I stared at Cedric to try and avoid my embarrassment. "See you're doing just fine."

"Don't say that because I'm going to mess up." Cedric chuckled before twirling me around.