²², A CHILTON DEBATE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 . . . 𝘈 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘋𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘦
❝ You want to bring him and the witch to that sacred place? ❞

  WEDNESDAY ROLLED AROUND far too quickly for Charlie Gilmore's liking. The Gilmore household had been tense, to say the least, and Charlie would have to be blind to not see Lorelai's concern over Rory Gilmore's clear-as-day liking to Jess Mariano.

  And, her blatant disregard for her boyfriend's worries.

  "Hey, how's your English project going?"

  Charlie Gilmore sighed, shutting her locker door only to reveal Emma Woodard. The girl looked rather sheepish behind the heavy textbooks piled in her arms, attempting to smile at Charlie.

  "What, are you robbing the library?"

  "Doing a favor for Mrs. Leighton," Emma said.

  Charlie nodded, hooking her backpack around her shoulders and holding out her arms, accepting half of the stack from Emma.

  "So, how was the auction?" Emma questioned as she began walking, Charlie in tow.

  Charlie let out a long breath, and that said all Emma needed to know.

  "Alright, so who won your basket?"

  "Jess," Charlie stated, maneuvering to open the heavy door to the library, "After Dean and Liam both bid on it."

  "Dean?"

  "Apparently Rory told him about. . . you and Lee, and he felt bad."

  "Oh."

  "Yeah."

  The girls silently stacked the books on the library cart, thanking the librarian as she wrote them both passes for being late to their next class.

  "Are you and Liam. . . okay?"

  "Yeah," Charlie sighed out, "We're fine. He won Rory's basket, which was weird."

  "Wait, Liam bet on your little sister's basket? He bid on the spoiled, she-devil of the Gilmore family?"

  "Dean didn't bid at first, I guess he was distracted," Charlie shrugged, "This time, Liam felt bad. Rory said he tried to give the basket to Dean, but he just got mad."

  "Dean is such a. . . ugh."

  "Yep," Charlie mumbled, crossing her arms as they approached their math class, "Want to hear the thing that tops it all off?"