Chapter 40: Ice-cream?

--------
~Ice-cream?~
--------

Camila's POV

My eyes squinted down as I read the paper in front of me. Seriously. What kind of test is this? Is this even a pop quiz? Oh hell naw. This looks like a fucking final exam paper.

"Return your papers. The quiz is over."

Our math teacher walks around, collecting the papers and I sigh in defeat, just flinging my paper up when he walks by to take it.

Walking out of class, I shook my head. "That class is just...I give up." I throw my hands up, Zendaya chuckles at me lightly while Harry rolls his eyes.

"Stop being such a baby. It's Friday!" He exclaims, his British accent making a huge appearance.

I wave him off. "Thanks for the huge emotional support buddy." I say sarcastically, listening to the sound of him laughing hysterically. Sigh. These friends of mine are really weird. But I love them. So I guess they're alright.
We were on our way to English and I frowned when I didn't see Lauren standing outside like she usually does. It's fine. Maybe she just got tired and decided to just sit inside?

As we approach the class I bite my lips before entering, frowning again at the sight of no Lauren. I managed to arrive here before Lauren? This is a record my mates.

We head to the back of the class to my usual seat before I stop in my tracks, realization hitting me. My 'usual seat' isn't my seat anymore. I was moved to the front.

With a deep sigh, I turn around to head back to the front, plopping down on my chair.

A surprised Rose squeaks and turns to look at me. She has a book in front of her and I smile apologetically for scaring her. She just seems surprised for some reason.
"What's that you got there?" I peer over, interested in the book she was currently reading.

She blinked her eyes, looking down quickly before glancing back up at me with a smile. "Oh! Uh. It's just a novel I borrowed from the library." She shrugged, playing with her fingers, a habit she does when she's nervous. I know this, since I was in a relationship with her before.

I glance down at her fingers, raising my eyebrows at the way her hands clench and unclench themselves. "That's cool. What's it about?" I say out of curiosity.

Rose smiles now and looks up fully at me now, an excited gleam in her eyes. I listen as she starts to ramble about the book. I notice the way she relaxes more against her chair, making me glad that she's not nervous anymore.

Mid-way into her rambles, the classroom door opens and in pops that asshole of a principle.

He steps inside, smiling at the students before sighing. "Uh. Your teacher, Ms Jauregui couldn't be here today. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a substitute—"

"Please don't tell us you're going to supervise us." A random girl says out of a nowhere and I snort quietly to myself.

The principle ignores her, continuing his talk. "—So! This'll be a free period for you students. Use this time to study, finish some unfinished homework and —"

He didn't even get to finish his sentence because the class started cheering, whatever he had to say died in the air and I chuckled quietly.

The principle just rolled his eyes before turning around, throwing out a 'don't make too much noise' over his shoulder before exiting the class.