Chapter 4: Anything you ask

"I'm not doing this!" Nate steps back in fear as he glazes down to the steady waters. "I'm not ready to die yet." He shakes his head fervently in denial.

"Dude," Jordan says placing a hand on Nate's left shoulder, "if you want to be one of us again," he points to the rest of us who are standing behind the two, "you have to be brave."

"No, nope, hell no! I'm not committing suicide."

Nate blatantly refuses to do what was asked of him.

This whole commotion began a few hours ago during lunch period...

A few hours ago...

"Nate!" A trill voice shouts behind us. "Nate you imbecile!" Yep, it's the she-devil, Nicole.

"Man I hate her," Nate grunts next to me as we walk down the crowded hallway to the cafeteria.

"You sure know how to pick 'em," I say sarcastically, patting his shoulder.

"Nate, I know you can hear me!" Nicole doesn't stop shouting. Clearly she's blinded to the weird stares she's receiving or she's just avoiding them.

"Let's just avoid her," Nate suggests. "She'll give up eventually."

"Yeah," I drawl out. "Eventually."

We avoid the annoying cockroach yelling profanities at poor Nate and we finally reach the cafeteria. I spot our usual table already filled with everyone but...

Tristan.

"Hey guys!" I greet all of them enthusiastically but they all don't answer. All of their gazes are fixated on the person beside me.

"Yeah, he's joining us again." I tell them.

"Hell no!"

"What?"

"He can't!"

Some of my friends respond.

"Guys, we are graduating next week. Can we at least forgive and forget?" I plead. Meanwhile Nate is silent.

"Okay," Luke speaks up. "Only if we hear the apology from the horse's mouth." He folds his arms and leans back on his chair.

"I... I..." Nate begins, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, guys. I've been a total ass, especially when I fought with Hailey--"

"We are so glad she won," Jordan cuts him off.

"---and " Nate continues while shooting a glare at Jordan, "I would like to make it up to you."

"And how are you going to do that?" Chase asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Anything you ask." He replies.

Present time...

And that is how we ended up here waiting for Nate, who's wearing nothing but a pink Speedo, to take a giant leap of faith.

Luke thought that it'll be funny for him to wear the pink Speedo.

He is required to jump off a cliff into the calm waters below. The cliff is not as high as the one Tristan made me jump from. This one is about four meters shorter.

"Don't worry, Nate," I try to ease his fear. "It's not as bad as it seems." I assure him.

"As if you'll it." He scoffs.

"I've already done," I state. "In fact, that cliff is higher than this one."

"Was it this cold as well?" He asks, referring to the windy weather.

"Woke up with a massive fever the next morning." I shrug.

"Dude," Luke says to Nate, "Even a girl has done. I'm sure it's not as dangerous, apart from the piranhas."

"There are piranhas?!" Nate shrieks in utter fear. "I can die down there!"

"Just push him in already!" Kaitlyn groans in annoyance after having to wait for twenty six minutes just to convince Nate to jump.

"Hell no, I will kill anybo--" Nate is cut off by Luke doing the honours of pushing him. A scream echoes loudly, followed by the splashing of water.

"Problem solved." He shrugs casually and throws his arm over Kaitlyn.

"Why'd you guys say he must do this?" I ask the guys.

"Thought'll be fun watching him squirm." Chase shrugs nonchalantly.

"Besides Jordan said that we'll only go cliff diving once one of us ensures that it's safe." Luke elaborates further with a satisfied grin.

"Boys," I roll my eyes at their childish actions.

"Guys..." Kaitlyn catches our attention with her anxious voice. "Where's Nate?"

We all then realise that ever since the sound of the splashing water, an angry Nate was never heard-- silence greets us instead.

"Oops." Jordan scratches the back of his neck nervously and looks down to the ground beneath us.

"Someone has to go look for him." Luke states the obvious.

"No kidding, Sherlock." I mutter sarcastically. "Chase, go." I command the guy who stands calm with an arm still draped around his girlfriend.

"Why me?" He asks.

"Because you've been quiet this whole time." I elaborate.

"So not wanting to be involved in this silly ordeal forces me to go search for him?" He asks incredulously.

"Exactly!" I grin. "Now, hurry up. Your friend might be dying."

He scoffs. "Send the one who pushed him."

Then out of nowhere we hear a familiar voice shouting. "I'm gonna kill all of you!"

Glad he's not dead.

........

A/N: I know... I'm a horrible author... but I have been massively busy with school work.

To say sorry have updated chpt. 4-5.