Chapter 27

Imagine there's a D instead of M

°

Friday after school.

The sky had just a sprinkle of innocent clouds here and there. The sun was shining but the air wasn't quite on a summer level yet, we still have a few months until that.

My backpack had grown old. When I bought it, it looked so good. The sewing was perfect and after all these years of it carrying old books and still surviving I'm sure it deserves a gold star. But it could only survive for so long, on the side there was a small hole that grew bigger each day and the straps had trails of the thread sticking out, thread I was pulling on due to nervousness.

I currently stood with my feet close intact and eyes on a pretty average house. Black roof, white walls and a small lawn up front and probably back. A short white fence gave the house a perfect homey feel.

Although, there was something about this house that didn't make it so average.

Dominic sleeps there, he eats there, he showers there, he breathes there-

"Are you coming or are you going to keep admiring my house like it's some kind of horror museum display?" My train of thought was stopped by a rough laugh and a grin a few metres in front of me.

Just how long was I standing there? I cleared my throat awkwardly with a cough into my fist and made my way to the doorway. Dominic chuckled the whole way. Asshole.

I stepped in past Dominic and as soon as my feet went over the threshold I felt my whole body get surrounded by warmth. My nostrils had the pleasant experience of getting filled with the smell of wood and a combination of scented berry candles together.

Not exactly what I expected.

Wordlessly, I pressed off my sneakers and slipped out off my jacket. Dominic was only wearing a t-shirt today. On first glance he would seem pretty lean, he is but from behind it really looked like he had some muscle on him.

I was fixated on the way his shoulder blades moved when we were in the cramped hallway but then we stepped out into the open living room area and I had to rip my eyes of off the brunette's back.

There was a door to the kitchen to the left. The house seemed open, there were windows on the wall in front of me as large as multiple doors and you could look out. There was a fire place, the flames danced and sometimes a branch would snap when the heat snuck to its middle.

There was a sofa and a table covered in big, thick different coloured candles, all lit. A few were purple others were pink and some red. I didn't doubt they all had berry scents due to the the house's aroma.

"You look so shocked. Didn't think we'd have a decent house did you?" My starry eyes turned to look at my company of the evening. He was grinning like the douchebag he was and had one hand tucked into his jeans pocket. I sneered at him when I got myself together.

"Shut up." Those were my to go to words when I was nervous.

Which I was. Very much so.

"Nicky?" A female voice spoke. Before turning to look at the girl who was probably one of his sisters I mouthed, 'Nicky?' to Dominic with a taunting laugh nearly bubbling up my lips, Nicky  scrunched up his nose up at me and gave me a look of anger but all I saw was immense adorableness.

A tall brunette with eyes as blue as the sky itself came towards us with an apple on its way to her bare lips. It seems everyone in this family is gorgeous as I nearly choked on air when our eyes met.