E p i s o d e 7

You battled with the feeling of pure tiredness. As soon as you got the feeling of you were near waking you up you tried to get out of your state of sleep.

After a few moments you managed to pry open your eyes. You didn't really remember anything, since you were just half asleep. But some how, you knew something was wrong.

Your senses and memories suddenly flood in all at once. "Oh dear.." you mumbled to yourself. You winced, the pain of where the Valerine was injected becoming very prominent.

Instantly you went to rub your hurting neck, but you were stopped by two things, a metal collar, and underneath that, bandages. You looped your fingers around the collar. It was loose enough to grab a hold of it, but was tight enough not to get it over your head.

A sigh escaped your lips as you looked up, letting your gaze shift around the room. This is not the room I slept in last night...

The room had black walls and dark grey tiled floors. The room had an island table with all sorts of viles and equipment on it, it was made of black wood, and a marble top, similar to the color of the floor tiles.

In general, the room wasn't the big, smaller than the room you were staying in before, but this one wasn't super crowded. Yet you still felt cramped. Why?

Well, you were currently in some sort of cage, small enough you couldn't stand, big enough you could lay down, only curled up though. After a bit on inspection you realized you were underneath some sort of office like desk.

You could only see around the room from the small space underneath the desk and the floor. Which was still limited view to.. well.. anything.

After sulking for a bit you decided to try and figure out how to pick the lock. The lock was just a small black box connected to the box, it had a small section that was glowing purple. You guessed to open the cage you had to either put a finger print or a key card on it.

You looked around the room once more, this time looking for any sort of key card. This time you looked very carefully, checking the cabinets behind the desk too, and on the desk chair.

A sigh escaped your lips after you checked for the third time, yet you were sti unsuccessful, she probably had the card on her. You leaned against the cage wall and brought your knees up to your chest.

As soon as you leaned back, you saw something shimmer from ontop of the edge of the desk, at little in front of you, and above you. Maybe I can knock it off?...

You gave a hard kick to the desk, the card got closer, yet it didn't fall off yet. You repeated the process, your kicks getting weaker each time, you were weak, and you couldn't deny that. Like, you were weak before, but after going through all this, it really took a toll on your physicality.

Finally it fell, unfortunately, it slided far away from the cage. You weaved your arms through the bars, it just barely fit through. You probably wouldn't have fit if you hadn't eaten basically nothing for the past few days.

You reached out, it was so close to you, but each time you reached out for it, you fingers would just barely graze it. You managed to knock it a bit more towards you, so you knew the next time you reached for it you'd get it.

As soon as you reached out for it a sound interrupted you.. the door opened. You quickly retracted your hand and scrambled back.. very.. unelegant like.. you hit your head on the top of the cage, and you only got your arms half way out, but your elbow and below was stuck.

With that you made a huge noise, that you guessed startled the person who was entering the room. Quickly, the shut the door behind them and scurried over to your cage.

You didn't look up to see who they were, you were just desperately trying to get your arm un-stuck. Though no matter how hard you pulled, it wouldn't budge. You could feel your skin that was stuck on the bars begin to turn raw from all the rubbing.

A gentle hand that landed on your arm caused you to freeze, it was very bony, and had long skinny fingers with long nails, "Calm down, dear. You'll hurt yourself.." a calm voice said.

You looked up to see the woman you remembered as Dr. O'Deorain kneeled down next to the cage. With one look at her, you suddenly felt fear kick in, yet you stayed still, wanting to get unstuck.

She looked down at your arm, placing her other hand on it too. She twisted it at and awkward angle, it felt weird, but it didn't hurt. She pushed your arms towards you, and just like that, it easily came out..

"Let's not do that again. We don't want you to get hurt, right?" She looked up at you, her eyes holding so much intimidation in them, a soft smile rested on her lips. "Uh.. yeah.." you responded awakwardly.

You held your arm, gently rubbing where it became raw. "Thank.. you.. I guess.." You whispered the last bit, still looking down, not wanting to make eye contact with her.