Chapter Eleven

I worried a lot

I worried a lot. Will the garden grow, will the rivers
flow in the right direction, will the earth turn
as it was taught, and if not how shall
I correct it?

Was I right, was I wrong, will I be forgiven,
can I do better?

Will I ever be able to sing, even the sparrows
can do it and I am, well,
hopeless.

Is my eyesight fading or am I just imagining it,
am I going to get rheumatism,
lockjaw, dementia?

Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing.
And gave it up. And took my old body
and went out into the morning,
and sang.
(Mary Oliver)

~~~~~~~~

"Tell your teachers that you got sick with the stomach flu these past few days." Hoseok says as I nod then get out of his car.

I walk through the front doors and see Chanyeol and Lisa sitting at our usual spot. I walk towards them and they look up and see me then immediately look relieved.

"Y/N!" Lisa calls out as she runs to me.

She wraps her arms around me and I hug her back, tight. She lets go of me and put her hands on my cheeks.

"Where have you been?!" She asks me. "You've been gone the most days since you were 15!" She exclaims and I nod.

"I got sick." I lie then Lisa nods.

"We were really worried about you." Chanyeol tells me and I nod.

"Sorry, guys." I apologize then Lisa raises an eyebrow at me.

She grabs my arm then rolls up my sleeve and her eyes widen. She then slaps my wrist really hard and my jaw drops as I grab my wrist and hold it in pain.

"What the fuck was that for?!" I ask her then she points at me.

"Do that again, and I will do the same thing to you." Lisa threatens then whispers were heard around.

I look behind me and see a large group of women walk in, dressing fancy or slutty.

One girl had blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, wearing a dark navy blue t-shirt with red hearts, black jeans, black converse, sunglasses sitting on her head, and lots of makeup.

Another girl had dark brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, wearing a black and white striped t-shirt, black jeans ripped jeans, black combat boots, a military green jacket, and a lot of makeup.

Another girl with light brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin, wearing a black t-shirt, light denim boyfriend jeans, white converse, a white big unbuttoned button-up, her hair in a ponytail, and lots of makeup.

Another girl with dark brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin, wearing a white crop top, black ripped jeans, white Adidas tennis shoes with black stripes, a black leather jacket, a black beanie, and a silver upside down cross around her neck.