xxvii. it's personal

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO IT, JUNE REALIZED SHE COULDN'T REALLY AVOID RAVEN. She still had to work with her, especially on the mines they were putting in the ground for preparation. The hole near the tip of her boot was small but powerful. Raven was the one directing the delinquents, watching them with close eyes so no one would blow up, but it was Bellamy really in charge. He had been pacing with a gun cocked, looking from the ones digging and back to the woods. June knew he was thinking about Clarke, Finn, and Monty. Everyone was, ever since they brought Myles back, harmed.

"Come on," Bellamy's low voice fell over the crowd. "These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." He took a few steps forward until he stopped in front of Raven. "Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades."

Through the dark, June could see the way Raven's eyes flickered up in anger. "You want to come over here and test one?" She challenged.

"I need this entire section mined by morning," Bellamy continued in order, ignoring her. "Then you finish the south field."

June's head shot up. "Hey, no," she protested, handing the shovel to Monroe to dash forward. "When we brought Myles back, we agreed we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning."

"Nobody leaves this camp," Bellamy stated without refusing to meet June's eyes.

Gritting her teeth, June stormed closer, grabbing the sleeve of Bellamy's jacket and tugging him back. "I'm talking to you!" He finally turned, looking at her with regret, but refusing to cave. "We can't abandon them. Monty is gone because of me, I left him alone," she began in a whisper. "So we are not leaving them out there." June gestured to the others who were listening closely. "If you want to lead them the right way, show them that you give a damn."

Before Bellamy could respond with more protests, a gunshot suddenly goes off in the distance. June snapped out of the stare held with him, drawn towards the sound. As Bellamy takes off, she's on his heels, her head whirling with every possibility, beginning with the grounders already attacking. However, as she arrives on sight, she only sees a blonde boy with a frightened look slumped against the tree. June breathes in relief, but Bellamy storms towards him up the slope and gives him a shove. "Hey, what the hell is the matter with you?!"

"I'm sorry, man," the young boy - Sterling, if June remembered right, apologized. "I fell asleep, I've been on watch all day."

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy shouted roughly. "That bullet was one less dead grounder!"

"Bell." Octavia came up behind June, talking softly to her brother. "You're scaring people." When looking over her shoulder, June sees she's right. Every delinquent is actually holding a terrorized expression, worsening when Bellamy went on.