Prologue.

**sequel to Catfish. Please, read Catfish before this story or it will make absolutely no sense to you.**

In which Louis and Harry are supposedly made up, Anna is dead, Harry has moved on for real this time, and everyone knows the truth. Louis is living with his friend Eve temporarily in between tours (he refuses to go back with Harry) and the press (and Harry) firmly believe the two are in a serious relationship. Louis' mum may or may not be angry at him, and Zayn may or may not actually speak to him anymore. Pile all of that on top of the beautiful brown-eyed brunette hanging off of Harry's every word and you've successfully created hell on earth for Louis Tomlinson.

(or, the one where Harry finally knows the truth, has a new girlfriend, and Louis just wishes he could vanish into thin air. Picked up after the conclusion of the WWA tour, a few months after the end of Catfish.)

prepare for a whole lot of angst, a whole lot of swearing, and maybe some sexual frustration sprinkled here and there. because, why not?

**note: louis and eve are not dating. they are not together. they do not have feelings for each other. at all.**

Coming September 3, 2014. (besides this prologue)

________

"Louis," a voice whispers in Louis' ear; he groans and swats aimlessly around him to fend off the intruder. There's a loud thump and a cry of protest as Louis' arm makes contact with something. "Louis!"

"Go away."

"You have to get up. It's nearly noon."

"Oh well," he groans. He blinks lazily at the blue eyes in front of his face and sighs when Eve cocks an eyebrow. It's almost like living with his mother again. 

"Don't make me open the blinds."

"And, I'm up!" Louis bolts up quickly, practically knocking the smaller girl over as he rushes from the room. He slams the door to the restroom behind him and locks it. 

Louis sighs heavily and cards his fingers through his messy hair as he decides against taking a shower. His eyes are red and eyelashes are sticky from sleep. He should probably shave as well, he thinks. Eve wants to go to the shopping centre before Louis is whisked away for album recording the next day. Eve is a great roommate,  amazing friend, and she makes really good pancakes. Better than Harry's pancakes.

But Harry doesn't cook pancakes for Louis anymore. 

He brushes his teeth almost angrily, pinching his cheeks a few times to bring some color to his face and pushing his glasses up his nose. He's too distressed for contacts today. 

When he returns to his bedroom Eve has left, thankfully, and Louis shuffles through his small bag of things that he had brought along with him during his temporary stay with Eve. He decides on a red sweater, black jeans, and his black slip-on's. It's cold outside, and of course, raining. Why is it always raining in England?

Louis just hopes there aren't a ton of people around, because he looks dreadful. He always looks just a little less bright without Harry by his side. Stupid Colette moved into their - what used to be their - flat and there was no way in hell Louis was going back there. Eve deserves a basket of organic fruits for her patience and for opening her small apartment up to Louis even though she already had her mum eating half of her food and using her wifi.

Eve is gone for most of the day during the week. Louis understands that she has a job, but Eve's mum is anything but fun to talk to. All she's really interested in is Louis' money or complaining about how irresponsible her daughter is. Louis doesn't see why Eve considered the two of them to be 'close'.

Louis came out to Eve as gay the day he had moved in. She smiled and patted him on the back like it wasn't a big deal; Louis wishes everyone would react that way. The media is practically having calves every time Louis and Eve leave their home together (which is often) and rumors surrounding the two of them and their relationship have been floating around for a long time. 

None of them are true.

Eve and Louis are not secretly dating. Louis has told countless people this. No one listens. 

"Ready to go?" she asks, purse in hand and sunglasses tucked up in her hair. Louis sighs and reluctantly takes her hand, dragging her behind him to the parking garage of the apartment complex. 

They make it to the shopping centre unseen, but it's as if a cloud of people decide to rain down upon Louis' parade just as they walk inside and begin to window shop. It's only fans, of course, because the paparazzi aren't allowed inside buildings like this. Louis is grateful. 

He knows they'll be swarming his car, though.

But for now, he decides to just enjoy these few hours with his new best friend before he has to go back and face his other one the next day.