Chapter 1

Hope you like it!

"Miss Skylar Kennedy?" The new history teacher, Mr. Cameron said. A few of his classmates snickered as Skylar raised his hand, not even trying to look up. His morning was already ruined when he heard the word 'miss'. "Can you please look up?"

He looked up with an eyebrow raised. "Sir? You know that I'm a guy right?" Mr. Cameron's face screamed disbelief.

"Sky's fine," Skylar said as he narrowed his eyes.

Mr. Cameron felt like he couldn't breathe anymore. "W-why do I feel so unsafe when he looks at me like that? It feels like he's the predator and I'm the prey here," he thought. He coughed awkwardly. "O-okay then. Um, Ashton King?"

"Here," Ashton said. He didn't want to be here, but his friends said that Skylar would be here. They made a bet. The one that makes him fall for one of them wins 500 dollars. He doesn't need the money, but secretly has a crush on Skylar. So if this works out, it'll be a win-win for Ashton.

The rest of the class Mr. Cameron avoided Skylar. Skylar didn't care, because he knew that he'll be just fine. Ashton was studying Skylar the whole time. The bell rung and Skylar put his things in his bag and speed-walked out of the class. Ashton followed him, but he abruptly stopped when he saw Nash making his move.

"So what do you think of a movie this Saturday?" He tucked Skylar's long hair behind his ear.

Skylar glared at him and Nash's body froze. "I told you. I'm not interested," Skylar hissed. Nash looked like he was ready to pee himself. Skylar left and went to his other class.

"This is what happens when that bitch forces you to let your hair down," he muttered to himself. He walked inside the math class and observed everything. Some people eyed him whispering to each other.

"SKY! SKY! OVER HERE!" He saw his only friend, Parker, waving like a maniac. He sighed and gave him a small smile. He dropped his bags and sat down next to him.

"Hi Parker," Skylar greeted him. Parker noticed something off about his attitude. His expression doesn't change, but it's more pissed off than usual.

"What's up?" He asked, concerned.

"That one soccer playing guy hit on me."

"Which one?"

"How am I supposed to remember his name? It was... Neil? Nathan? Something like that."

"Oh! You mean Nash?"

Skylar furrowed his eyebrows. "His name's Nash? He doesn't look like a Nash to me," he scoffed and Parker chuckled.

Ashton came into the room and the girls started whispering to each other.

"He's so hot!" One girl whispered. The second agreed.

"Do you think I have a shot with him?" The third girl asked.

"Of course! You're the prettiest here," the second one whispered and the first one agreed.

"Tomorrow I'll shoot my shot!"

Ashton sat in the back of the class, listening to their conversation. Like they had a chance. He had both boyfriends and girlfriends in the past, but the only one he wants now is Skylar. Aston looked at him talking to Parker and a pang of jealousy hit him hard.

"It's my time to shoot my shot too," he mumbled to himself.

One hour later

"I'll join you in the cafeteria soon. I have to go to the bathroom," Skylar said to Parker. He hummed and they went separate ways.