3.7

*unedited*

Happy New Year's Eve! And yes, I waited off to update on New Year's Eve...AND I'll try to update tomorrow as well. A good way to end and start the year, eh?

Okay, it's kind of dragging, I know, but I'm going to get into the good stuff right now. No, they aren't going to be together yet—but I will start including more action.

Sun Hui was settled on a rooftop, looking down below. Caroline finally got a few leads on where their killer—now codenamed "The X-Artist"—will be striking next. Sun Hui agreed on keeping watch from above while Caroline positioned herself among the crowd, waiting to strike from the shadows and ensnare the culprit in their trap. They won't wait until someone is killed, they will go in right away as soon as they see him act suspicious with the crowds, when they will arrest him and turn him in to the queen to get his verdict.

Clyde stood with his master, looking really flustered these days. Sun Hui was worried. Clyde never acted like this in the time he was in the world and in Richard's memories.

Stupid A-level! Really unpredictable! But...is an A-level really supposed to be this unpredictable? The characters are acting way too far off the plot. I'm starting to think that the Lord God has finally woken up from whatever sleep it was in and is now messing with me...or Clyde is stuck in the system without memories like Jin Min...but someone I never met before, Sun Hui's face twisted in concentration. The other option was Clyde being Wang Shuo, as Wang Shuo was out of character in the other worlds. But, he didn't have the ring, so the chances were low.

"Master," heated breath blew on his ear, making him jump back startled. Sun Hui casted a glare at his obnoxious butler. He was getting really sticky, and Sun Hui didn't like how his personal space was starting to no longer be his personal space, but also Clyde's space.

Motherfucker—

"Master, he's here," Clyde said monotonously.

Sun Hui quickly whipped around, and sure enough, the culprit was leaning against a wall, a dark hood obscuring his face. He looked both ways to check if anyone had followed him or noticed him before deciding it was okay to jump into the unsuspecting crowd.

He saw a flash down below—Caroline was on the move.

Sun Hui stood up, preparing to jump down. He had to time it right, making sure he didn't hurt himself or others around him. His goal was to jump onto the X-Artist and tackle him that way as Caroline distracted him and handcuffed him.

Taking a deep breath, and ignoring Clyde's bothersome protests, he jumped down. Scared himself, Sun Hui closed his eyes.

"Please, please, please let me land on him," he murmured before he felt himself slam into something rock solid. It hurt a lot—Sun Hui was sure he broke a few things in his body. He rolled away, coughing. When he saw the man get up and flee, he grabbed his ankle and pulled him backwards, causing the man to fly back and hit the ground once more.

Caroline quickly moved in front of the man and grabbed his hands, slipping on the handcuffs. With heavy pants, Caroline breathed, "You're...under...arrest...by the decree...of the queen!"

"Fuck the queen!" the man spat. "I'm not going to be taken away—you hear me? Never! The queen fucking deserves to feel suffering and guilt! She sits there on her high horse where nothing can get to her, all safe and sound. Well, she has another thing coming! Soon, chaos will fucking destroy this place—and who will be safe? No one! Not even the fucking queen!"

Sun Hui slipped out a needle from his tailcoat and pushed it in the man's neck as he squirmed. Pulling the needle out harshly, he spat on the man's unconscious face: "Long live the queen!"