Chapter 11

|| Adriana's POV ||

A week has passed since I came out to Gabriel about my prostitution.

We've talked about it a lot. From how it all started. To me wanting to quit for a new year.

He told me how he lost his aunt to the prostitution world which opened my eyes a little wider.

I thought of all the times I was in danger but also how lucky I was to get away safely.

Christmas is next week so I knew I had to do some last minute Christmas shopping for Joaquín.

"I'll be back later, have to do some errands!" I shouted from the door way.

"Okay! May you bring me back some Christmas cookies pleaseeee!?" He asked.

I couldn't see his face but by the sound of his voice I could tell he was doing his world famous puppy dog face.

"Alright, I'll bring you some back. Don't go out this door or that's your ass you understand me!?"

"Yes I understand."

——————————————

When I arrived at Toys R Us, I made my way into the aisle filled with all different kinds of vehicles.

I grabbed a few toy cars and a big monster truck.

I also went to another aisle to get some uno cards since it was winter break, we could play together.

I grabbed a few more things and left.

Next stop, Best Buy.

I remember him telling me he really wanted an Ipod touch to play games on so why not get it for him? He's a good kid.

After purchasing it, I noticed it started raining.

Realized the bus would take another half an hour due to traffic, I dialed Gabriels number.

"Hello beautiful"

"Hey handsome" My cheeks were heating up somehow in this cold weather from the thought of his cuteness. "Are you busy right now?"

"No, I'm just watching some Tv, why? Is everything okay?"

I could hear slight panic in his voice.

"No no everything's fine, I'm just stuck in the rain with mad bags. My bus wont be here for over 20 minutes so I was hoping you could drop me off home."

"Yeah sure, where are you?"

"I'm at Best Buy on 33rd and Franklin."

"Be there in 5."

——————————————

Peaking through the foggy glass windows of Best Buy, I see Gabriels car pull into the parking lot.

I open the door, walking towards the now parked car.

Watching his step out and jog over to me made my heart melt.

"I'll take these for you." He said, grabbing the bags from my hands and placing them in the trunk.

I scurried over to the passenger side of the door making sure I didn't touch the door handle.

He's truly a gentleman.