C26 - C27

As it turned out, even if only a tenth of her strength was left, Gu Shengyin was still able to maintain the wind while under the siege of numerous high-leveled vampires.

But, this was just barely not letting the wind fall.

Rita was getting more and more excited. She said to the vampire behind her: "She is already very weak. So long as we persist, we will succeed."

As Gu Shengyin persevered, a wave of weakness burst in her body. She even felt her eyesight become somewhat blurred.

"Lancelot, if you don't come, I may truly fall into eternal sleep..." She murmured.

The system couldn't interfere with this type of development of the original storyline.

At most, what it could do was wake up its host so that she would not fall into eternal sleep so quickly.

As if her words were truly heard, in the next moment, she sensed Lancelot's breath.

An unstoppable sword ray that carried cold, murderous intent and violent rage advanced towards Rita.

Rita was not as fast as the sword ray. She dodged and avoided her vital areas. However, her entire left arm was completely cut off.

Lancelot had no time to fight with her, and his figure flashed towards Gu Shengyin's side.

He just caught his lover's collapsed body just in time.

Those vampires once again knelt on the ground.

The blood suppression of Prince McKathway from the victorious period could not be compared with Gu Shengyin's.

"Rita, you are good. You are very good!" Olwen gnashed his teeth as he looked at her.

Rita already knew that this operation had completely failed. She lifted her head and smiled at him with disdain: "I am not a coward like you. I will fight for what I like! If I had your strength, I would absolutely never let her fall into the hands of others."

Olwen lowered his head and looked at her: "Even if you disregard her wishes and let her hate you forever?"

Rita's expression changed, and then sneered: "That is always better than getting nothing."

Olwen looked at her condescendingly: "The blood and honor of the McKathway that I was bestowed with made me disdain doing this type of lowly, despicable behavior."

"Your conducts and deeds are not worthy of the McKathway's blood. I shall revoke the blood that had been bestowed to you."

As his firm voice fell, Rita's body had an obvious change.

Her tender and lovely skin rapidly withered, and her moist red hair became snow white. In just a few seconds, she changed from a magnificent young woman to an old woman approaching her coffin.

"This...This is not me. This is not me!" Rita saw this scene and shrieked.

"This is you. Without the blood I bestowed to you, you are nothing." Olwen no longer looked at her and turned to leave.

Without the vampire's ability to live forever, this woman would be unable to live much longer.

"What happened to her?" Olwen walked to Lancelot's side.

"Sleeping." The other person's reply was concise.

Olwen carefully looked at Gu Shengyin: "She forcibly woke up during her weak period and also fought with people. This time, her hibernation may be extended indefinitely, waiting for her strength to fully recover."

Lancelot held the person in his arms and stood up: "It doesn't matter. I have enough time to wait for her to wake up."

Olwen watched him carry her away. After half a day, withdrew his eyes and mockingly laughed at himself. He resigned himself to his fate and helped him tidy up the aftermath behind him.

Chapter 27

No one knew where Lancelot took her, apart from Olwen, who occasionally found her whereabouts.

When Olwen saw him, he was building a house in an uninhabited valley and lived there for 20 years.

"Have you ever thought that she might not ever wake up?" Olwen actually sensed that Gu Shengyin was already recovering her strength, bit by bit. It may not take many years before she wakes up.

He looked at the familiar loving appearance of Lancelot and deliberately provoked him.

After so many years, the two unexpectedly became good friends.

"Then, I will accompany her. When I can;t accompany her any longer, I will put my ashes by her side." Lancelot was in the process of placing a bundle of flowers with dew at the side of Gu Shengyin's pillow.

Olwen looked at his appearance and suddenly felt very envious.

Unfortunately, he would never have a chance to fall in love with someone like this again.

Gu Shengyin woke up during autumn, the time when trees lose their leaves.

When she woke up, Lancelot was sitting next to her.

"You woke up?" Lancelot gave a gentle and soft smile, as if giving her a daily morning greeting.

Gu Shengyin also smiled.

"En, I woke up."

In this world, she did not know how long she had stayed with Lancelot.

She only remembered that she had experienced countless period of weakness and slept. Every time she opened her eyes, Lancelot would smiled gently at her.

In the end, a sword cultivator's life span was not eternal. Lancelot unavoidably entered a weak period.

"Don't be sad." Lancelot's appearance still looked young. He embraced her tenderly. "Being able to accompany you for so many years, I am already content."

He looked at Gu Shengyin: "These days, I had many good dreams intermittently about us."

Gu Shengyin felt like crying.

"Katyusha, don't transform me." He kissed her lips.

Gu Shengyin nodded her head. She had already been in this world long enough.

Lancelot went quietly. Gu Shengyin did not appear particularly sad. She placed his ashes in her bedroom.

When her next weak period came, she calmly took his ashes and entered the coffin.

"Your Highness, that man had already died, and Her Highness, Princess Bruch, is now considered to be unmarried. Besides you, no one could deserve her." A McKathway vampire said to Olwen.

Olwen shook his head.

No one had that chance. That person was dead. Ekaterina will not wake up again.

He did not guess wrong. After Gu Shengyin went to sleep, she did not wake up again.

The first thing Gu Shengyin did when she returned to the space was call the system: "In fact, you know his identity, right?"

She was not stupid. Even if the system could not inquire her lover's identity before, after so long, it was impossible not to be able to investigate it.

This time, the system changed it answer: "The host's authority is insufficient and is unable to inquire."

Gu Shengyin: Very good. You're ruthless. (你狠)

"When will I have enough authority?"

The white light on the system's body flashed: "There is no rigid rules. When that person is willing to let the host know, the host will be able to know."

Gu Shengyin: ...You win!