17: What a night

Trevor was busy eating when we arrived at camp again and I was thankful for that. I wouldn't want him to start asking questions, more precisely questions about what we might've been doing there...or something. Of course Elliot joins him and they eat all the food they brought with them. I on the other hand, thought about it and decided not to eat anything now and leave it for tonight because I'll definitely need it then. We spend some time in casual chats and me watching the two bicker about some stupid things like, for example, which tree surrounding us was the highest or, even better, who out of the two had the bigger dick. Yes. I have no clue how they started out talking about the highest tree and almost ended up taking their pants off to see who had a bigger dick. And let me tell you, I have never stared at anyone's dick for so long. I couldn't help it, the conversation was like that and they kept pointing at them so my gaze naturally went there. At one point they did ask me to tell which one was bigger but got an immediate no from me. I'm beginning to think that I'm much like Simon Cowell when it comes to saying yes. I rarely do it. And apparently my sense of humour is downgrading too, because I find that funny.

"I'm hungry again." Elliot says as he rubs his stomach with a sad face.

"Ash?" He looks at me with a pout and sparkly anime eyes trying to be cute. Damn it, he is cute.

"I have enough food just for me." I place my backpack in my lap and take out the last of my snacks.

"Ash, I'm hungry too. Please share just one chocolate with us. Pretty please." Trevor pleads too as he turns while sitting next to me. I knew they'd be hungry when night comes. I look down at my last two chocolate bars and then at them and their stupid anime eyes. I sigh and give Trevor one chocolate to share with Elliot. He beams as Elliot starts clapping his hands. Damn my good heart.

"You're the best dude. Thanks." He breaks the chocolate in half and hands one to Elliot. They eat theirs in a bite and I eat mine too. I'm still hungry but I don't have a choice. I drink some water and decide it's a good time to go to sleep.

"Where are you going?" Trevor asks when I stand up.

"The tent. I wanna sleep." I say as I open up the tent.

"Wait then, we'll come too. We don't have anything better to do either." Trevor says and I see Elliot nodding before they take their backpacks and mine that I forgot and come in as well.

"Maybe I overestimated this tent. We don't have much room." Trevor says as he tries to improvise and puts the backpacks as pillows.

"That's okay. We'll keep each other warm." Optimist Elliot says.

"We have blankets for that." Realist me says.

"There's nothing more warm than love." I cringe, gag, shiver and blush all at the same time as Elliot says that.
"Shut up and lay down idiot." Trevor pushes him down, hitting me in the process. Oh yeah, somehow, I got stuck in the middle.

"Can I switch sides with anyone?" I ask before I lay down.

"Nope."

"Nah." They say and I accept my fate. Goodbye cruel world, I will die of suffocation.

"Good night. And don't let any wild animal bite." Trevor says snickering.

"Trevor! Don't say that." Elliot kind of yells not noticing he basically yelled in my ear. Let's add dies of ear bleed to the reasons I will die.

"Don't shout. Just keep quiet and sleep and nothing will bother us." I say and Elliot just snuggles up by my side.

"And please don't move much." Trevor adds as the last sentence before we slowly fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night because of Trevor's constant moving. I want to wake him up to tell him to stop but when I look at his peaceful expression I don't say anything. He looks even more beautiful like this. His plump lips are pouted and hsi cheeks are chubby and I just want to squeeze them. While admiring him, he suddenly opens his eyes and I freeze. He just caught me staring at him. What should I say? Please don't ask anything and just fall asleep again.

"Admiring the view?" He whispers. Even sleepy like this, he manages to smirk and act all cocky. The jerk.

"N-no." I whisper back.

"What were you doing then?" He moves closer than he was before, now just centimeters away from me. I can't move away with Elliot behind me. I feel his hand coming up my side and sending sparks of electricity everywhere it touches. He finally stops moving it when he places it on my cheek and gently rubs his thumb against it. I breathe out as I feel chills run up my back.

"You look beautiful." He says making my heartbeat rise up and cheeks to heat up, which he surely feels.

"Trevor, I think I-" I stop my words when a loud thump comes from outside. Trevor is also scared but puts a finger against my lips and mouths, "Be quiet." He quietly sits up and wakes up Elliot and immediately puts a hand against his mouth as he shakes his head. Elliot gets it and he sits up as well, followed by me. There's shuffling outside but we can't see anything. The fire is still burning but nothing passes by it. Trevor moves and extremely slowly zips up the tent just enough to peak outside. He does and not a second later he gets back inside with a horrified expression. He turns our way and whispers, "Bear." A fucking real life bear is outside and we're sitting here with no weapon or protection whatsoever?!?! We'll die, we will die. Scratch all those ways of dying I thought earlier, I'll die by being eaten alive by a bear.

"What do we do?" I shakily whisper.

"Sit and stay quiet. Hope it'll go away." Trevor whispers and takes my hand. I squeeze it and take Elliot's hand as well.

Minutes and hours pass and we sit like that. All of us are obviously extremely tired by now but we don't let ourselves fall asleep. More hours pass and the sun is rising up now. Trevor takes a peak outside again, this time taking out his head more to see all around us. He zips up the tent fully and gets out to look behind us, then he bends down to tell us the coast is clear. Elliot and I go outside as well and see the bear tracks and chocolate and chips wrappers that have obviously been sniffed and moved around.

"We were lucky." Trevor says and I look at him.

"Definitely. This was a near death experience I wouldn't want to have again." I say as I let out a deep breath.

"I think we've all come to the conclusion that camping is something we'll never do again." Elliot says and Trevor and I nod in agreement. We quickly pack everything up and pick up all the trash then without even a glance back we get out of the forest.