Chapter 10

After Jimin had uttered his final parting words and exited the room, Jungkook had been sent in to lead her from the room to clean up and prepare.

"I can release your restraints now." Jungkook had stated when he walked in, and Eunjae heaved a sigh of relief before turning around and allowing him to get to work.

Once they were off, Eunjae rubbed at her wrists. "Thank you." She breathed out.

"You're welcome. I don't have to worry about you running off, now, don't I?" Jungkook coyly inquired to which Eunjae rolled her eyes and shook her head, dismissing the possibility.

Eunjae trailed slowly behind Jungkook yet again as they set off. As they walked down corridor after corridor, Eunjae marveled at the pristine and extravagant decor. Ivory lined the walls and gold embellishments decorated the halls, shimmering as the morning sun cast its warm glow through the vast castle windows. Numerous paintings were kept in meticulous condition of past rulers, all regal and flawless as any. She felt so out of place with her dirtied rags for clothing and unkempt appearance.

Eventually the two found themselves in a less decorated hallway full of bustling people. Most of them wore an arrangement of either aprons, bonnets, stockings, or tunics. Eunjae figured this was where the servants accommodated. Jungkook continued down the hall, receiving an array of warm greetings (Eunjae ignored the puzzled looks shot towards her) from countless individuals which he returned before he stopped them outside a particular door.

Jungkook knocked briefly on the door, and not a moment later it was swung open. All Eunjae glimlsed was a flash of strawberry blonde before the person threw themself at Jungkook, wrapping him in a tight hug which he reciprocated with a content expression.

The woman pulled away, and Eunjae was taken aback at her beauty. Her long, straight strawberry blonde hair fell down her back in perfectly kept strands, her large eyes wide and shining with glee. Her nose and mouth were perfectly sculpted, eyebrows even and flattering, and her physique was slender and feminine. She was taller than Eunjae, though not by much.

"Jungkook! It's been forever since you last paid me a visit." She exclaimed with a smile, ushering the two to enter the room before shutting the door to allow them to speak in a less rowdy environment.

Jungkook looked remorseful. "I know, I'm sorry, Chae. I've been swamped with work lately and I've had nearly no time to myself."

The woman—Chae?—playfully swatted at his shoulder. "Don't be sorry, I know how hard you work. It isn't your fault." She then took a curious glance at Eunjae, who'd been standing off to the side awkwardly, before arching an eyebrow. "So who's this?"

Jungkook gestured between the two of them. "Eunjae, meet Park Chaeyoung. Chae, meet Kang Eunjae."

Eunjae bowed at Chaeyoung as she did the same before the stunning bubbly woman pulled her into a hug. Any intimidation Eunjae had been feeling was completely washed away under the woman's welcoming hold. "It's nice to meet you! Will you be working with us?"

They separated and Jungkook answered for her. "She's been assigned to serve Jimin." His voice was laced with humor, as if uttering a joke Eunjae couldn't understand.

Chaeyoung gave Eunjae a concerned look. "Oh, you poor thing."

That certainly didn't help Eunjae's unease.

Jungkook took a few backwards steps closer to the door. "Chae, can you have her fitted and find her some clothes, please? And also stick to her side, show her around the place, you know? I've been requested elsewhere and there's no one I trust more than you." His eyes were earnest as he spoke.