Chapter 1: Nature finds a Way

Our story follows Rias's second Rook, a part lizard man devil, called (Y/n) Terrasmus. Often teased for his last name, (Y/n) is also quite tall for someone that young, and very muscular.

 But he's noticed how lately his fellow peerage members were distant, including his oldest friend Koneko

But he's noticed how lately his fellow peerage members were distant, including his oldest friend Koneko. (Y/n) is described as many as childish and kind and always willing to help others in need. Including the Perverted Trio. Mostly Issea. Even though (Y/n)'s not a pervert himself, Issea has gained a strong respect for the boy. But soon his kindness would end up having a new emotion push it away.

Present Day
(Y/n) POV

My peerage and I are flying to a supposed stray devil hideout. They've all been slightly cold and distant lately, but their sometimes like that when they think about gloomy stuff! I'm humming my favorite tune.

I feel someone stare at me. I look around, but see my peerage either scanning the ground below us, or looking upwards. I shrug it off. We start to descend, and we land in front of the abandoned warehouse. I poke open the door and look inside. We enter, and look around. I sniff the air, using my lizard man senses to detect foes. I frown, smelling nothing except mice, rusty metal, rotting wood and my peerage members.

"Guys! I don't smell any- Ack!"

A sword suddenly pierced through my chest. Looking behind me, I see Kiba is behind the sword. She pulls the sword out and I stumble forwards a bit, pressing down on my wound. But I barely have time to open my mouth before lightning courses through my body, and I collapse to one knee, coughing blood. Looking up, I see Koneko looking away, Akeno with her holy lightning, Kiba with a second sword in her hands, and Rias giving me a disgusted look.

"Why?"

"You're weak. Simple as that. Now you're not needed anymore."

She raises her hand, and it feels like my chest is about to explode. A red rook piece leaves my body and floats to Rias's hand. I collapse completely, everything turning dark. But instead of dying, I wake up again near a mountain. But as soon as I look around, I hear a rumbling, and feel the ground start to shake. And the mountain starts to crack and shift.

When the massive entity finishes its roar, it turns and looks down upon me.

"So this is my host. So much potential. Yet it's wasted in that snarky tomato."