-Chapter 38-

It's been a couple days since Justin's unsettling phone call and as it turns out Heimdall can't see what either Hammer or Phantom are up to so that was a bust, so things have fallen into a normal esc routine. Tony and I got Ash into a nice school she likes it, she's moved into the tower permanently. Myself and Nat and  Pepper set up her floor, it's good that we have a sense of normal especially for people like us.

I'm sitting on the couch reading a Shield file on Hydra's latest movements in Europe mainly in Rome. Part of me wants to know why Rome and the other part doesn't want to.

"Anything interesting"? Steve asks walking in from his run.

"Hydra is in Rome, for some reason. But hell if I can figure out why" I say closing the file.

"Yeah that's a head scratcher" He says grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Also Nat and Clint didn't find anything else out about why Phantom is so familiar to me" I add with a sigh of frustration.

"Nothing? They didn't find anything"? Steve asks eye brows raised.

"Nothing. I know shocking, Steve this is making me crazy. I have meetings today and I keep going back to Phantom and why I can't place the voice" I say getting up from the couch.

"Mia" Steve says giving me a hug.

While I appreciate the hug Steve smells awful.

"Ok spangly go shower" I say stepping back.

"Is it bad"? He asks smiling, pointing at his shirt.

"Yes it's bad" I say laughing.

He leaves to take a much needed shower while I change into my business clothes Pepper is in Chicago and Tony is off on a demonstration in Maine so the meetings fall to me.

"Ms Stark? Happy is waiting downstairs for you with the car" Jarvis says.

"Thanks Jarvis. Let the guys know I'm leaving for my meetings" I tell him while getting on the elevator.

"Of course Ms Stark" Jarvis replies.

Ash point of view

That was a good day at school considering the weather is so nasty out. Its practically a blizzard out here right now, I dust my off my coat once I'm inside the tower also stomping the snow off my boots.

"Good afternoon Ms Blake, how was your day"? Anderson, the chief security officer.

"It was good. Thank you for asking Anderson" I smile.

After taking the elevator to the Avengers floors, I put my bookbag on the couch.

"Hello Ms Blake, was was your day at school"? Jarvis asks politely.

"Hey there Jarvis, it was good but it is very snowy outside" I say getting out some things for a snack, but not too big of a snack I know Steve is cooking tonight.

"Ms Stark asked me to inquire if you learned anything new"? He asks.

I chuckle that's Mia even if she's not here in the tower when I get home, she is wondering how my day went.

"Well I learned that my science teacher isn't as smart as Bruce but that wasn't really a big surprise" I tell him sitting down at the kitchen island.

"Hey, how was your day"?

I look up it's Steve, I smile at him since my mouth is full of a my hastily made sandwich.  

"It was good, have you seen the weather outside? I'm surprised we even had school today I mean the roads are really slick" I tell him pointing out the floor to ceiling window.