Chapter 13: Part Two

"...I'm headed straight for the castle, they've got the kingdom locked up..."
~ Halsey

......

"Yes," I reply as I watch him be pulled into a deep sleep. When he's fully unconscious, I search through his pockets. I take out his access card and all the cash he's carrying which is around three hundred dollars.

Also, I strip him off of his flannel shirt and tie it around my waist. This makes my shirt look like a dress and in any case, it prevents my shirt from riding up and exposing anything.

After that, using the access card, I exit the room. I take a right down the hall, but stop and hide around the corner when I see a guy approaching. A few seconds pass, before I make sure he's gone and run down the hall. There are cameras everywhere and there's noway I can avoid them, so I don't.

Once I find the exit, I swipe Alec's card opening the door. On my way towards the parking lot, I throw the access card into one of the bushes as I pass by. There's no security outside which is odd, but ignoring that, I make it to the parking lot.

To my luck, there are a bunch of cars. Searching for anything that can help me, I find a red Camaro with its windows down. Making my way over, I assess the car making sure that there's no alarm before I slip my arm through the space and unlock the door.

I take a seat and immediately start searching for an extra key: under the seat, in the dashboard, between the seats. I look everywhere but don't find an extra key.

I hit the wheel aggressively when I can't think of anything else. I could try hot wiring the car, but it's a late model, meaning it would take me longer than usual. Thinking about it, I don't have much experience in hotwiring a car, either.

I'm screwed.

Right when I'm about to leave, the ringing of a phone stops me. I listen to the ringing carefully, and find my eyes lingering over a secret compartment under the steering wheel. Playing around with the cover, the compartment opens and a phone falls out. Once the phone is in my hands, I let it ring until it stops.

It doesn't ring for long, only about a minute. I lift up the phone to the sun and try to spot the oil stains on the screen for the passcode. There are fingerprints on the numbers one, seven, three, five, nine, and zero.

I try different combinations until I'm through on my third try.

Yes.

Without a second thought, I turn on the data to determine where I am. The map pinpoints me to a location just out of the city, close to the garage my car is at. The map shows the garage is only a ten minute walk from here, so I decide to walk.

As I'm putting the phone back into the compartment, I find a card.

The Masquerade Gang Ball

I take it out of the envelope and read the card.

You are invited to the annual gang ball this year held by The Black Killer's, Chicago. It'll be held at their mansion, on three five two seven, Jefferson Street. The theme is masquerade, so remember to bring a mask on September nineteenth. Party starts at six.

I tuck the card into my bra just before climbing out.

By taking cautious shortcuts, I reach the garage quite fast. I walk in and wait at the desk until a man in his thirties comes out from the back. His hands covered in grease, he wipes them off on a dirty towel before standing behind the desk.

"How can I help you?"

"I came here two weeks ago. I left my car, a twenty fifteen Audi, it was involved in a car crash," I reply, hoping he remembers.