Chapter 17

"...All I do is win, win, win no
matter what got money on my mind I
can never get enough..."
~DK Khaled ft. T-Pain, Ludacris, Rick Ross, and Snoop Dogg

......

"Summer? Summer," a male voice comes in sound. Pain is all I can feel as I try to peel my eyes open. My left eye doesn't even budge, but my right eye opens to reveal Alec.

An imprint of the chains is left around his neck creating a smile on my face.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood."

I help myself into a sitting position and rest my back against the headboard of my bed. With my working eye, I look around to find that I'm in my room. Alec sits on the edge of the bed next to me.

"That imprint around your neck proves my win for today."

"It was just a small win, Summer. But believe me when I say, if it were a real fight, I would've beaten you."

"We'll see about that," I reply. Alec's just a sore loser. He doesn't say anything for a while until he remembers, "We need to start cooking for dinner."

I look down at my arms. Both of them feel numb, heavy with bruises. "I literally can't see out of my left eye and both my arms are bruised black and blue. You still want me to cook... for everyone?"

"Yup."

"Well then," I exaggerate. Alec gets up from the side of the bed letting me climb out. My legs sore, I know I'll be walking oddly for the next few days. When I touch my arms, I feel nothing.

"Lilly came by to check you out, she gave you some painkillers and removed your stitches," Alec informs. My lips pull on a small smile thanking him.

"I'm going to shower and meet you down in fifteen."

"Okay. Oh, and the designers dropped by. You're closet is now fully stocked," he mentions, just before heading out.

My hand brushes through my long hair, pushing it back as I walk over to the closest. I open it and I'm left mesmerized by all the expensive clothes, jewellery, handbags and shoes that are organized inside. Even though my adoptive parents were rich, I never let them spoil me as much as Kai is.

As I walk in, I notice myself in the full length mirror on the wall directly opposite of me. My hair looks like it has been washed with oil, my left eye is much bigger than my right and my arm's look like they have been fried in a deep fryer. I'm used to seeing myself like this, physically broken.

I ignore the raw feeling inside of me and grab a long shirt off of the hanger along with a matching black, netted bra and underwear. With the clothes in hand, I walk into the bathroom and draw myself a cold shower.

I strip out of my gym clothes and climb in. The cold water washes over me resting the burning bruises around my body. As I clean my body using the Dove body wash, random thoughts run through my mind.

What's next? I'm here, working to be a part of their gang. What happens after? I need information on Nick and the only one who can provide it is Kai. How am I going to get close to him? He's too smart for me to deceive him easily, so whatever I'm going to do, needs to be convincing in every way possible.

Ending my thoughts, I wash out the conditioner in my hair and head out of the shower. Cold air mixed with my damp skin causes goosebumps around my whole body and I start to shake. I quickly dry myself and put on my clothes. I'm still chilly, but I'm not in the mood to wear anything heavy because my body is getting too much for me to handle.