Chapter 9

Toby's POV

Anyone could hear the worry in Jeff's voice. Though he never showed it, I knew he cared for everyone in the mansion. Especially Ben. But Jane was an exception. Jeff hated her. Her the most. Never understood why, yet I don't want to. I quickly got up and went over to the door and opened it.

"W-What's wrong w-with him?" I ask.

"I-I don't know! He j-just suddenly stopped moving them fell to the ground twitching and spazing out! Er- No offence..."

"N-None taken, and he j-just fell to t-the ground and s-starting twitching and s-spazing out?" I say. Jeff nods. I quickly go past him downstairs to see most of the pastas surrounding someone I knew was Hoodie.

"H-Hoodie...?" I hear Sally's small voice, filled with sadness and worry. Her voice was shaky, so I could tell she was crying. I see her pink dress and Lazari hugging her. I shove past all the others. I see Hoodie lying there, spazing out and twitching as Jeff had described him.

Ah. An atonic seizure. I remember seeing a kid have one of these before I was moved to homeschooling instead... I thought (idk if they actually twitch or spaz out because I've never had a seizure before. Sorry if this info is wrong XD).

"I-Is Hoodie okay..?" I hear the worried voice of Liu next to me.

"Its o-only a seizure. Since t-this one isn't a-as bad, all we h-have to do is take h-him to EJ. EJ k-knows what to do with a-atonic seizures." I say. Liu nods. I look back at Hoodie and go up to him.

"Anyone gonna help m-me carry h-him to the i-infirmary?" I ask. Everyone looks at each other before Zero comes up.

"I'll help." She offers. I nod as we pick Hoodie up.

"Someone g-go get EJ." I say. I see Jane run, as best as she can with her wearing fucking high heels, upstairs. Zero helps me carry Hoodie up the stairs and down the hall to the infirmary. We make it in and set Hoodie down on one of the beds. EJ then comes running in.

"What the hell happened?!" He exclaims.

"J-Jeff said he just f-fell to the ground and s-starting twitching a-and spazing out," I answer, "its a-an atonic seizure, c-correct?" I ask. EJ nods.

"Yeah," he says, "how'd you know that?"

"S-Saw a kid d-do the exact same t-thing before I was s-switched to homeschooling." I say.

"Oh.." He says. Zero and I leave the room and I thank her. She nods before leaving. I go into the living room to see Ben staring at the TV screen, controller in hand but not playing. He looks down at the controller in his hands and sets it down.

Wow. If Ben turns down a video game, something is definitely wrong.. I thought. I go up to him.

"S-Somethin botherin ya s-shortstack?" I ask. He looks up at me and shrugs.

"I guess...." He mumbles. I grab his wrist and we go outside. I shut the front door and kneel down so I'm about his height.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Well... You are the only one who knows about J-Jeff and I," he says and blushes, "but... Lately... He's been so distant. I don't know if I did anything wrong or not. Jeff keeps saying he's fine, but I know when he's lying. Why won't he just tell me?" He explains.

"Mm.... Maybe s-something happened..?" I say, though it sounded more like a question. Ben shrugs.

"I dunno. Possibly...." He says. I stand up. Just then the front door opens to reveal Jeff.