Prologue

Jeon Jungkook has always tried to be happy with what life gave him. Even as a kid he always accepted everything given to him with a pleasant smile and open arms. He tried not to be picky, sure, he asked for this and that as a kid but as a teen and now as an adult, he just took what was given to him with what he assumed was a grateful smile. He was happy with what others chose for him. He didn't know four years ago his weaknesses. He didn't know people would take advantage of his kindness, his willingness to let others walk all over him. He didn't know they, he  of all people would exploit his kindness. He didn't know then he would end up alone and pregnant with nowhere to go and no-one to turn to. He didn't know he would end up mateless.

But in a way, he was glad.

He was thankful that he wasn't picky, because if he was, then he probably would not be able to survive living paycheck-to-paycheck, barely able to feed himself after his baby's needs had been taken care of. He wouldn't be able to look his son in the eyes, the same shade of wild honey as his, the eyes that looked at him with wonder and absolute adoration. He used to look at him like that too, once, when he was naive and drunk on love and the devotion he thought were in his mate's gaze and touch. There was a time when he thought he was all he needed.

Jeon Jungkook used to be a naive, blinded fool. And that Jeon Jungkook had been dead for four years. He died alongside his family and his friends. And that Jeon Jungkook would never come back.

He had made sure of that.

_________________________________

I am back and I'm gonna be making changes. Probably a lot of them.

How is quarantine treating everyone?