Chapter Forty Five

Rosé

I kiss him sweet and slow and passionate, all the pain and heartbreak washing away with each stroke of our lips. My body molds to his as if I belong in his arms. One strong arm is around my waist whilst the other hand is caressing my cheek. His warmth breaks down my anxiety and our heartbeats momentously hum together in a soothing melody.

Daniel holds me like I'm fragile—I am right now—but it's the sense of fear and happiness his embraces exude that keeps me calm. For the past two days, I've been longing to be in these arms, for them to protect me, to hold me like I'm worthy.

I break our kiss, my cheeks blushing with shyness, our foreheads against one another's. Warm smiles tug on our lips. Overwhelmed with emotions, my eyes blur with tears.

"Are you okay?" Daniel whispers tenderly, his smile sending warmth swirling through my body.

I lightheartedly smile.

No.

"Yeah."

"I missed you." Daniel's arms tighten around me but his embrace is gentle.

I stare into his gorgeous chocolate-colored eyes and an overwhelming feeling of love drowns me.

"I missed you." I whisper.

Daniel gives me a feathery peck on my lips.

"Are you done sucking on my baby sister's mouth?" Nate says.

Nate?

"Nate." My eyes widen at my brother in surprise.

My brother rushes over to me, holding my arms in a gentle grip. Daniel takes a step back.

"Rosé, are you okay? Are you hurt?" His words fumble in panic.

His eyes search for answers in mine but my mouth is apart in disbelief.

"Nate, when did you—"

"Rosé, please tell me you're okay." He pleads, eyes red with worry.

I place my hands on his arms, smiling reassuringly at my brother.

"I'm okay, I'm not hurt." It's better to lie than to make them all worry. They've all already suffered enough because of me.

My brother sighs in relief before yanking me into a hug. Solace overwhelms me and I'm crying in my brother's chest.

There's no place like being in my brother's arms, my only family. What's written is written, my past had the darkest moments of my life but my future is looking brighter and happier. I have people that I love around me—my best friend who's like a sister to me, Noah, Kai, and Matthew who are my best friends, and Daniel who's made me feel love again.

"You're okay, you're okay. I'm here. I love you, you brat." Nate caresses my hair.

I laugh in between my sniffles.

We break our hug and my eyes wander over to Noah who's staring at me in worry but I smile at him, soothing his upset.

"You feeling good, beautiful?" Koa, Kai's brother, asks me from where he's sprawled across the couch, looking every bit of amused, worried, and unbothered.

Now that I'm really looking at him, the dude is hot. From his piercing honey-colored, cat-like eyes to his ethereal bone structure that makes him look like he was carved in stone by the Greek gods. Seriously, the Jackson genes are ungodly. What is with siblings looking like Greek gods? First Daniel and Noah and now Koa and Kai.