Chapter 1

Before we begin... I just want to say that this book will be short. It might reach to ten chapters... but despite that, I will make sure it is the best book ever!!! Hope you enjoy!

**Also, before you start reading this, you are 20-ish and you live alone.**

__________________________________________________________

     "Hey, (Y/N)!" You heard someone yell. You quickly turned around to see that it was Shany. You internally sighed with sadness. You weren't really close to her at all, but your friends were her friends so she acted as if you two were friends as well. Still, she acted as though you two were close friends.

     "Oh, uh... hi, Shany," you reply, trying not to act weird. You then smiled a little as you then give her a small wave. It wasn't like you hated her or anything, she was just very annoying. So annoying, you just wanted to rip her vocal cords out of her throat. Shany approached you as you quickly examined her.

     Her long, bright, red hair was in a ponytail. She wore a short, black dress with a little chain purse and black high heels. She also had black eyeliner and mascara on with some dark eyeshadow on, causing her bright, blue eyes to pop out at you. Her freckles showed up against her pale skin. Her black dress clung to her curvy body as if the clothing itself was giving her a tight hug.

     "What's up?" She asks as she smiles brightly, showing off her white teeth. You suddenly catch a whiff of something. Perfume? It smelled very nice, you could tell it must have been expensive. Her parents were very rich, so you knew everything on her probably costed more than a couple hundred dollars each. You look at her, slowly opening your mouth to reply.

     "Oh, nothing. I'm just getting some groceries... that's why I'm at the store," you reply, giving a small smile. She smiles back at you. God, you really hated all this small talk you two had.

     "Oh, I see," she says as she pulls out something out of her purse, "I'm going to a party after I get a couple of things, in case you were wondering, and I'd love for you to come with me. It starts in half an hour and ends at- god, probably never, haha. There will be plenty of alcohol there. So if you need a free drink and people to hang out with, just come on by." She hands you a card with an address on it. You stare as the card for a while, then you look back up at her. She smiles, slowly opening her mouth to speak, "also, I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting people there, if you know what I mean." She then elbowed you, winking.

     "I don't know... I still have a lot of stuff on my list and I got to be somewhere tomorrow..." You trail off, making excuses. She smiles a little at you, looking towards the ground.

     "Look, it's fine if you don't want to go. I was just offering in case you were interested," she says as she then starts walking away, "well, I got places to be and people to be with. Haha! I'll see you later." She extends her arm, waving at you as she continues to walk away.

     You watch as she walks away. As much as you would love to drink to get your mind off of everything, you didn't feel like going to any party. You stood there for a good minute or two before you then continued to finish you list.

• • •

     "Have a nice day," the lady at the check-out lane said as she smiled at you. You gave a small nod as you smiled a little at her. You then grabbed all your bags and then began walking.

     Your house wasn't that far away from the store. You could easily walk there and back as much as you wanted. You adjusted the bags in your hands in a certain way where it didn't hurt. Although you were close to the store itself, you still hurt your arms carrying the bags on your way home.