Chapter 69

Layla's POV

"What dress did you get?" Heidi repeats, smiling at me as I continue to glare at the necklace, my gaze flickering up to her eyes as I curl my lips into a sneer, causing her smile to falter.

"Did I.. do something wrong?" She frowns, her eyes filling with confusion.

"You're wearing my fucking necklace." I snap out, angrily.

She glances down at the necklace as she begins to fiddle with the chain. "Oh.. I-I was just borrowing it, I didn't think you'd mind–"

"You never fucking asked in the first place, you can't just go through my stuff like that." My voice raises and her eyes flash with hurt.

"Damn. Tomato face, relax it's just a necklace." I hear Mike chortle at the front seat, and I ignore him as I continue to gaze at Heidi.

"Here.." she says quietly, slowly unclasping the necklace and handing it to me. I take it, glancing down at it as memories of grandma floods through my mind and I try to push back the tears.

"Is it special?" Heidi asks me in a small voice and I take a deep breath, as anger floods through me again, and I turn my head to her, giving her an icy glare.

"It was supposed to be for my grandmother." I spit, watching as her eyes widen in shock, before she quickly lowers her gaze, as she fiddles with her fingers.

"I...I'm sorry." She whispers, and a few seconds later she looks up at me again. Her green eyes now shining with tears and guilt.

And I scoff. "For what exactly?" I try hard not to raise my voice again. "For–" before I can finish she cuts me off, her voice filled with guilt and regret.

"Layla. Please l-listen to me, I-I need to tell you somethi–"

"I don't want to hear it." I snap. "I don't want to hear any pathetic excuses you're going to come up with."

"Please, Layla." A tear trickles down her cheek and I immediately look away, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I shouldn't have forgiven you."

She doesn't reply for a moment, before she speaks in a cracked voice "W-What?"

"You've hurt me too much. And today what you did to me at the store just proved it." I push back my own tears as I glance at her again.

"B-But, I d-didn't do anything?.." She stutters, her eyes filed with tears and confusion.

"You humiliated me." My blood begins to boil at her innocent act as I grit out.

"Deliberately choosing that dress knowing it was too big and even laughed along with those three dickheads." I snap, clenching my fists.

"Wh–I didn't do it on purpose, believe me I got confused with the sizes. I'm so sorry." She lets out a sob. "I'm sorry for laughing, I shouldn't have, I just thought it looked funny which I know was wrong, and I didn't mean to make you feel like–" a scoff cuts her off.

"Heidi, hun, don't hurt yourself over a pathetic human. You did nothing wrong she's just overly sensitive about everything which is stupid." The feminine voice comes from across our seats, and I look up to Nicole who's staring at us with amusement, and when her eyes meet mine, her lips curl up into a sly smirk.

"Go fuck Mike." I spit at her and her eyes flash with amusement.

"For a prude, I'm surprised you know about such things." She chuckles and I hear Mike snigger from the front.

Jokes on her. I know plenty of dirty and bad stuff.

"At least I'm not a-a slut." I fight back and she immediately stops laughing, her eyes beginning to darken.