Chapter 9

Hey guys, school just started for me and it's my final year of highschool, so I'm probably gonna be focusing on that more than this. So please don't expect me to update too often from now on, 'cause it's a really important and busy year for me.

Well anyway, I based Percy's reaction and feelings loosely on my own before and during panic attacks, and the technique to calming down is actually one I use myself. It's really helpful, so if ever anyone-or yourself-is ever suffering from a panic attack, this method works for me, so you could always keep that in mind.

Anywho, that's all :3 Hope y'all enjoy.

-

Percy had barely slept all night.

He had tossed and turned constantly, throwing the way too many pillows and blankets all around the huge room, never once caring that they were strewn haphazardly along the floor.

The times he had managed to go under was few and far between, and he had always surfaced again quickly, never falling asleep fully.

His mind was plagued by bone chilling threats and faces of the past.

Faces begging and pleading. Insulting and blackmailing. Bargaining and persuading.

And all of them wanting the same thing:

To live.

The feeling of cold fingers imprinted on his neck never faded, even as the night stretched out.

Or maybe it was his own imagination haunting him.

Among other things, of course.

But everything was... was wrong.

The bed too soft. The room too silent. His thoughts too loud.

He bolted upright with an almost animalistic snarl of frustration, raking his fingers through his hair and tugging at the dark strands roughly, feeling almost relieved at the sharp pain the simple action brought him. He bared his teeth and scrubbed at his eyes, taking no need to be careful. Everything was too much. The silence was killing him.

The silence was too loud.

He swung his legs off of the bed and stood up, feeling all too hot and claustrophobic. He could hear the blood roaring through his ears, as loud and constant as a rushing river. It was deafening. Almost overpowering the voices in his head. Almost.