Chapter 15

Hey guys! I hope everyone had Happy Holidays and are excited for the New Year!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 15

       "Bang! Bang! Bang!"

       "Ek!" The loud banging that suddenly resonated throughout the entire house had me jumping straight out of the tangled mess of blankets on my bed and toppling straight to the floor.

       "Owww." I groaned and rubbed at the sharp jabbing pain in my knee. Whose idea was it to put hardwood floors in my room? Luce and dad both knew how much of a klutz I was!

       The banging started again which had me trying to stumble to my feet in a hurry, trip on the blankets I had taken to the floor and hit my knee all over again. "Oh, just great." I grumbled and tried to ignore the bruising area as I staggered to my bedroom door.

       "I'm coming! Sorry!" I called to the loud knocking as I made sure to carefully maneuver down the wooden staircase.

       Friday had blown by like a breeze and it was bright an early Saturday morning. And by early, I mean, like, ten-but I was the only one home. Luce and Tate were supposed to be gone all day at Six Flags and dad had went to one of his many company buildings in Boston.

       Did I mention that my father had money? Like a lot of it?

       He never used it though, and never let Luce and I use it either. He wanted us to be raised humbly, as he puts it. Dad paid for the house, its bills, and our food, but Luce had a job outside of college to buy us anything else we might need. It's been like that for as long as I could remember.

       We lived off just enough to keep us safe and relatively happy. I knew it took a family to be completely happy, not money, and we seriously lacked on the family aspect of that-no matter how many times they tried to promise that we didn't.

       Anyways, when he did take the time to care, my father had these 'home alone rules' I was supposed to follow, no matter how old I was. I never objected though, not with every that's happened before. I actually welcomed the safety the rules made me feel.

       The deadbolt was to stay bolted always, the door-knob locked at all times, and the chain was never supposed to come off either door, front or back. I was supposed to glance out the side window to see who was there and if I didn't know the person I had to call dad or Luce immediately.

       Obviously, all remembrance of those rules flew out my head the second I saw who was pounding at my front door. "I've been banging on your door for the past five fucking minutes." Rex grumbled as I flung the door open, my eyes wide in disbelief.

       A blush immediately stained my cheeks and I ran a sheepish hand over the back of my neck. "I-I'm sorry, I was still sleeping." If my cotton shorts and my dad's overly large t-shirt were anything to go by. Oh yeah, and the bird's nest that was my hair.

       My heart did an abnormal little flutter when his lips pulled up at the corner in a small smirk. His chestnut eyes were hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses, and the jeans hanging low on his hips would have only looked better if he wasn't wearing a shirt.

       "I can tell."

       If I didn't know better, I could have sworn there was a soft chuckle in his voice. Then that smirk slowly fell and his heavy hand ran through his dark hair. "Do you want to go do something fun today?" He practically blurted as we stood on either side of my front door, my hands tugging nervously on the edge of my t-shirt.