Chapter 1.- Alchemist

The sun shined proudly in the sky, giving warm and life to all the living beings. All the people in Corona enjoyed the sunlight, the summer had come and they adored the sensation of the season. Just a little alchemist kept himself away from that warm.

Varian was into his laboratory like always, maybe thinking about some new device, or maybe a new substance. The light entered for the large windows, he read once and twice and one more time a piece of paper while he was mixing a couple of substances and powders, he was so concentrated that he almost didn't notice that Ruddiger was in his shoulder.

-Done! – He said to himself. –With this I am sure this will work. The villagers need it, so I have to get it – he said with a nervous laugh taking Ruddiger in his hands and putting him on a desk a little far from his work-table.

The Raccoon took an apple of the fruit platter that was by his side and started to eat while he was seeing his human rereading that paper for the hundredth time.

It had been almost a year since that time in that blizzard, that time when the amber took his father away from him. However, Varian had managed to cope that loss, even when he hadn't been able to free him from that prison and he just kept his sanity because he wasn't alone.

The princess had gone to his house after the storm and she had showed him that she was there for him, that they were friends and that she wouldn't let him break into pieces in loneliness. Cassandra and Eugene had arrived minutes later; definitely, he had who cares about him, he had some extended hands that helped him to rise up again.

Now he had his lab in a vacant wing of the castle, the princess had offered it to him and for him, to be in front of that damn rock was so hurtful, so he accepted to move to the castle and now he had more support with his experiments that always were to help Corona and Old Corona.

-Ok, we're ready, buddy- he said with a brightly smile talking to Ruddiger, but the raccoon just saw him with his cheeks full of food.

Varian let out an innocent laugh.

[author's notes: Hi, I hope you like this fic that I thought. This happens in an alternative universe where Rapunzel gone with Varian just when the storm ended and her parents were back in Corona. Quirin is trapped in the amber, they have tried to break the rock but they couldn't do it. Varian is still looking for a way to free his dad, however now he's also busy with some other inventions to help the kingdom.

My native language is Spanish, so if you see something that doesn't have so much sense, please tell me how I can fix it. Thank you so much for reading].