Prologue

Love is a chaotic disarray of weighted emotions, ready to suck you into it's dark black abyss. Once you get sucked in, there was no way of finding an escape. It is quick in it's attack. Easily perceived as harmless but quick to become a disastrous adversary. The only way of relieving yourself from it's choking grip, is to raise your white flag in pathetic defeat.

Your love was a lion and my heart became it's prey.

I didn't believe them when they told me you left. There was no way that someone who proclaimed to be selflessly enamored by me, would selfishly throw it all away. I always thought you were stronger than that. I never took you as a coward... but I guess I was wrong.

I adored you.

Your unruly hair that tickled me when we slept. Your eyes that saw every inch of my soul. The way your lips made my skin burn with a passion only you could create. Your mind that challenged me in every way possible; you kept me in mint condition.

I never believed in misery, until it was me lying on the cologne soaked sheets, mascara running down my cheeks crying. Gasping for air. Wishing that you'd come back home.

--

Please note: Like all my stories, there will be mature scenes. If you are uncomfortable with reading those, please do not read this book or feel free to skim over those chapters. I will not be giving you any warning before hand. This is your only one.