Chapter 20

Kahla placed her clothes back in her room. A large sigh passed her lips. The week had gone fast but another soon came after, she barely saw Johnny at all. It was like... He was avoiding her. She  sent a text before sitting on her bed. It seemed like he wasn't responding to anything.

Johnny looked down at his phone, his eyes widening "we need to talk" the text was clear, but also gave him fear. Due to Ash and her demands it was like she was keeping him hostage. He turned the phone to Ash before she scoffed.

"Finally. Two weeks and she finally cracks. Tell her you'll see her tonight." Ash spoke s she sat on her couch. The two were in her apartment.

Johnny frowned. His heart started to beat fast. Was she going to break up with him. He didn't want that. He texted her, telling her to meet him at her studio in a hour.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kahla sat in her studio before she heard the door open. Inhaling a breath she turned to see none other then Johnny. Silence fell between the two as she looked at him and walked to the drapes that fell over the window. She pulled them leaving no wondering eyes to see the both.

"So...what is it? What's going on? " Kahla spoke. Johnny turned his head before pulling his phone out if his pocket. He couldn't do this to her anymore. He turned it off before walking up to Kahla.

"I have to tell you something.... But I've been so scared... Cause I didn't know it was going to happen" Johnny spoke as he watched Kahlas expressions fall.

"W-what.... What do you mean. What happened?" She questioned before he started to pace. He explained what happened at the diner, and that Ash had been using the picture as blackmail to pretty much make him do what she wanted.

"I don't want to lose you! But... I was scared. I was scared you would believe her lies!" He spoke loudly as she shifted her hands up, gesturing for him to calm down.

"You really think.... I would of believed her...." Kahla spoke, giving him a saddened look. "Look.... We have both been hiding something..." She turned away from him.

"What? What do you mean. What is it that your hiding?" Johnny spoke, stepping towards her. He watched her stiffen up before she broke down crying.

"After I woke up in the hospital... I started getting flashbacks on what happened..... And.... " She stopped before composing herself." I didn't want to tell you cause I didn't.... I didn't want to ruin your friendship.... Your job.... I didn't want to ruin your show" she turned away from him.

"Please just tell me..... " Johnny pleaded with her as she stepped away from him.

"When I drove to the theater that day, I had a fever... I choose to ignore it... But it was worse then I thought..... I collapsed after stepping out if my car. My body felt drained. And then.... I saw... I saw Ash..." She wiped a few tears away as she held her head. "I begged her.... I begged for her to get you... And she just left me there.. to die. Even the doctors didn't think... I was gonna make it"

Johnny stood there stunned. His fists clenched Into balls. Though he looked up, watching Kahla lose herself. Before she knew it, she was brought into a strong embrace.

"Why... Why didn't you tell me sooner. " He whispered as he rubbed her back soothingly.

"I... I didn't want to ruin your show... So I pretended" she sniffled into his shirt. "I didn't want to tell you...." She breathed in a Shakey breath before giving him a large hug. "I'm sorry"

Johnny leaned in and kissed her, before his hand ran through the fur on the back of his neck. Her cries seemed to stiffen before giving him a kiss back.

"I'm so sorry that I kept this from you but please... Please promise me something..." Kahla spoke as Johnny looked down at her.

"Yeah. Anything. What is it?" Johnny question. He was a lot happier.

"Don't say anything to ask until after the show" she was serious as she stared at him.

"What? No. Absolutely not. She needs what's coming to her" Johnny spoke angerly.

"Johnny the show is this Friday. You need to let her perform.... Then afterwards... The truth can come out"

Johnny thought on her words before he sighed. He didn't want to. But he agreed to let the topic go until after the next meeting after the show.

"So... Do we act. Maybe you should go back to her.... Make her believe everything is not wrong. " Kahla spoke before she felt Johnny's hold tighten.

"I think I rather have you to myself" he smiled as he leaned in to kiss her again. It seemed time was lost .