Arc 3.4

Hayoru: I'm back~ Sorry for the delay, just finished exam week and my brain was fried in the process. . . . Yummy. 🥡

I'll try to post more chapters this weekend. Enjoy~

• • • • •

The journey was relatively peaceful.

Noah was able to personally experience Marie's superior cooking abilities even in the wild. Making anything unappetizing into high quality dishes. Making small tarts using berries and grains, wild plant salad with berry dressing, smoked salmon, and even fried eggs. . . Marie felt a bit weird cooking those. . .

Rather than travelers, they were more like on a wildlife honeymoon.

And during this time they slowly became closer. . .

A bit more intimate.

Fingers interlocking as they walked, soft caresses, warm and gentle hugs, and shy touching of each other's lips. . .

Their first kiss was sweet and tender.

Walking silently in the night, thousands of glowing fireflies shimmered around them like stars that dropped from the sky just for them. The slight, sweet smell of vanilla and honeysuckle from the trees, the cool breeze of the night, their warm bodies now holding each other in a gentle hold. Arms around his neck, hands on his waist. They gazed quietly at each other, both immersed in their own thoughts. Nobody knew who moved first, but suddenly their lips were touching, they exchanged breathes of exhalation as their lips pressed sensually against each other in a sweet embrace. Their warm tongues danced erotically together in the caverns of their hot mouths. And when they finally pulled apart, a thin string of glistening silver connected them leaving them breathless.

Just a kiss left the both of them in a state of bliss, along with their never ending attraction for one another flourishing.

Marie, with hot blushing cheeks, was feeling a long awaited contentment and pure joy.

And Noah, with a deep gaze, was experiencing things he's never felt before and was loving every moment of it. 

From then on they held each other as they slept under the stars, keeping each other warm in their embrace.

. . .

Two days passed quickly, unfortunate for Marie and Noah, knowing their future conflicts. They knew that the time to be together will become less frequent with what's to come.

Hopefully, things will work out.

Their foot gradually stepped off of soft green grass into hard stone walkways. Multiple cottages and houses appeared along the sides, the people living their daily lives as they go out to sell their merchandise or buying produce.

The people gradually fell silent as they saw two figures from afar walking in the distance. Many gazed warily when they saw the bright red figure, and walking close beside him, a handsome man with unfathomable eyes who exuded a strong aura of danger and dominance.

Mothers pulled their children inside, the men watched them from their stalls and workplaces, it was a mix of respect and a bit of fear.

Noah chuckled under his breath at their reactions. He looked down towards his little sweetheart who was wearing his signature red cloak and black mask. If only they saw what was underneath that mask, maybe their reactions would be different.

Not that he would want to show anyone in the first place.

Marie was his now after all.

Marie took them to a nearby tailor shop to get a large cloak and mask for Noah, he didn't want to risk the chance of any hunters recognizing him. The young Alpha of the werewolves, killing him would practically spell doom for the entire pack without their capable leader. The man at the counter practically gave it to him for free, his face obviously pale. He just wanted these two people out for fear that they might just decide to kill him for fun.

Unlike most werewolves, who value close connections with their pack, humans are far more capricious in behavior. Who can blame these poor country folk, knowing the true nature of humans, when they themselves know best how they feel?

The two continued on their way from the small village after having a couple bites to eat to fill their stomachs, though it couldn't possibly come close to Marie's culinary skills.

The headquarters may be a kind of government system for humans in this world, but it's still stationed at the very borders in case there's an attack. So it took the pair a couple more hours until they finally reached the fortification.

The massive stronghold stood erect in unfeeling supremacy and stability. The gray and almost black stone walls seemed to shout out danger. And surrounding the entire fort were tall borders made with the same material. There were watchtowers every few meters along the way and finally large wooden doors that led to the inside. Two broad, soldier-like men stood guard with guns on their hips and silver spears in their hands.

The couple calmly neared the gates, one of the men blocked the way to the doors while the other stepped forward to greet Marie.

"Welcome back, jeune boss. The code?" He asked Marie, warily eyeing the taller man next to him.

Marie took out a gorgeous short knife - a family heirloom - then answered, "Do not stop to pick at the flowers." He gestured slightly to Noah and only said, "A special guest."

The men nodded then opened the large doors, allowing them to enter.

Marie and Noah continued on their way, passing by many others from the organization. They were either training, crafting weapons, or carrying boxes and papers to certain rooms. The ones who noticed Marie passing by quickly stood up and gave a salute. Marie ignored them and continued on. They didn't mind, the young boss was always aloof and quiet.

Noah thoughtfully observed his surroundings and mentally grimaced at the amount of silver and wolfsbane they were working with.

The two walked through another pair of doors to the inside of the stronghold. Not much was different from the outside, bright torch lights lit up the large entrance hall and there were more people busying themselves inside.

Marie stealthily took Noah through a few different hallways until they reached a lone door that held a silver nameplate with an engraving of the name 'Amelia Chastain'.

Marie took a breath and knocked, hearing a short sound of approval, he gently opened the door.

. . .

"Hello grandmother."

[Plot Task: 'Get to grandmother's house' Complete. Gained +1500 points ]