↠ 12

Now the afternoon was starting to turn into evening. It was cool and the right temperature to have a cold treat although the weather was only a bit chilly. Not too much though. Still, you were craving ice cream.

You had told Seokjin to wait by one of the park benches while you got the treats. You ordered a plain vanilla cone for Jin and you ordered the same one but with sprinkles. You now were walking back to the bench.

The soft sunlight was lighting up his face. He must have sensed you near him, since he immediately looked your way. You sat down beside him and handed him the treat.

"Thank you." He then took a lick from the cone.

"In order to pay you back for today." You replied, taking a lick from yours.

The two of you continued enjoying your treat in a comfortable silence before Jin spoke up. "I hope we can hang out again. You can call me a friend now, right?" He asked hopefully.

You couldn't deny. "Sure. I'll call you a friend now."

A smile appeared on his face as he took out his phone and opened up his contacts. "Then let's exchange numbers! We're friends now."

You pulled out your own phone, opening it up to the contacts and the two of you switched phones. After putting in the numbers, you guys exchanged phones. Now there was one more person in your contacts. Suddenly, Jin rustled in the bag he brought from the mall and pulled out two stuffed animals.

One was the cowboy dog that you wanted and the other was a cute gray wolf that had a little basketball jersey on. He gave you your stuffed animal. "I got this one," He shook the wolf a little to demonstrate his point. "To remember that we officially become friends." Then just like with the dog before, he poked the wolf's nose to your own.

You could hear some people coo at the gesture. Wait. People? You glanced around to see an old couple smiling at the gesture. "I bet they're going to get married in the future."

'Now hold up. Married?! I'm just trying to get my degree first!' You thought as a light blush appeared on your face.

Seokjin must have heard it too since the tips of his ears were turning a bit red. Still, you got to know more about Seokjin that now you can call him a friend. It was heartwarming.

Although you told Seokjin you would be fine walking, he was too persistent. Seriously. You were given a lecture about the dangers as the day turned into the night. In order to make him stop, (you swear he was lecturing you for about 10 minutes) you reluctantly allowed him to walk you to your apartment building.

"Text me so we can hang out again soon." Seokjin immediately said once you stopped in front of your building.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds great." You waved him off and entered your complex. Seokjin watched you get in safely.

As you locked your apartment door behind you, your phone beeped. You took it out of your pocket and looked at the message.

From: Worldwide Handsome ;*

Did you get in safely? :)

Did he just name his contact "Worldwide Handsome?" Damn, you wished you had his confidence.

From: Y/N

Yes, I did! ^^

From: Worldwide Handsome ;*

OK, night princess! Sweet dreams! :*

You closed your phone as you collapsed onto your bed. You were still holding onto the little stuffed animal and you smiled at it. Then your smile wiped off your face and your eyes widened. 'He called me princess again!'

At 9 o'clock in the morning, you actually set up an alarm to get up early. Why? On this fine Thursday day, it was Yuto's birthday. You quickly took a shower and dressed in your work clothes. You started to put his new video game in a gift bag and filled it with tissue.

With a proud grin, you were about to head to the supermarket to get him a cake. You sprinkled some fish food for Davey and you were off to the small market. There was quite a bit of people but it wasn't that crowded.

Once you entered the market, you were greeted with different kinds of groceries, you immediately headed over to the bakery section. All the cakes looked delicious. You scanned over the cakes and then you spotted one that looked perfect.

It was a chocolate cake that had chocolate frosting with cherries surrounding the rim of the cake and to end it; a giant Oreo right in the middle. You were about to devour right then and there. You reached out to pick up the cake when a large hand reached for it about the same time.

'I'll kick drop you to the floor.'  You looked up from the surprisingly beautiful hand to be met with a guy with blonde hair. Both your eyes locked and suddenly you didn't know what to do. His dark eyes were looking straight into yours.

No one said anything for a moment.

"This is my cake?" You sounded highly unsure of yourself.

He blinked once before jumping back in surprise. "I'm sorry." He said. "It just looked really good."

"It's fine, I thought it did too." You smiled.

The blonde man smiled and it was too cute for this world. He had a gummy smile where he showed his gums a bit too.

You grabbed the cake. "Did you want it though?"

Perhaps he wanted this one? 'Why am I being so kind...?'

He shook his head. "No, it's yours."

"Alright, thank you." You smiled once more at him and walked to the checkout. Hurrying, you went back to your apartment to put the cake away. After that, you went to your shift. You had the evening shift for today and it couldn't be better. Your plan was simple.

Bring Yuto over to your apartment. (Even it meant, forcefully dragging him there). Order pizza, binge out on a couple of movies, eat cake and lastly give him his present. It was a great plan.

Once you entered the back, you were excited. You happily hummed as you put away your stuff and went out to the front. As soon as you were out onto the floor, you paused. There was no Yuto in sight.

"Did he not want to come in? Geez, I know it's his birthday but still." You slightly pouted but still went right into work.

All hour long, you were concerned with Yuto. When no one was looking, you'd peek at your phone only to see no new messages. Every time you would try to text back, there where be a customer who was ready to order.

And it happened again.

You tucked your phone away in your pants pocket and went over to the table. He looked oddly familiar, you were just not sure. "Welcome! Have you decided what to get?"

The man glanced down at his menu. "Um, a blueberry muffin?"

"Sure thing! I'll be back with it in a moment."

He smiled and that hit you hard. 'It's the dimple guy!' After sending him a quick smile, you went to retrieve his muffin. While you were getting the dimple guy's order, your phone vibrated. Excitedly, you took out your phone, hoping it was Yuto.