xxxi. sky girl

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE TASTE OF COPPER LINGERED IN JUNE'S MOUTH. Her skin was covered in different injuries, lingering from bruises to cuts, and then spotted with blood and grime. She was thankful there was no longer an arrow in her hip, courtesy of Bellamy and Finn while she was unconscious. She was glad they considered how painful carefully ripping a weapon out of someone would be while awake, and although it stung worse with each step, the worse was over. Some type of rag from one of their jackets was tied tightly around her, keeping the bleeding under control, but that was surprisingly the least of June's problems.

Both of June's hands were tied together in front of her tightly with a rope, connected to a very burly grounder man riding a black horse. Finn was on the other side of her, attempting to play the hero card when she had been taken, only ending in both of them being captured, Bellamy just narrowly escaping. Each step she took was worse than the last, a shooting hot pain running up her side. June knew he wasn't going to allow them to rest, but with her injury, she could feel her knees beginning to wobble. She knew there must be something really wrong with it - but being around people with no medical experience wouldn't help.

One more trudge forward sends the worst ache yet, pinching her skin before her muscles screamed. "I can't." Her voice broke, raspy, as she bent over in exhaustion, stopping completely. It didn't stop the pain, only made it worse. "I can't go anymore." Without any relief, June finds herself unable to stand anymore. She falls forward, collapsing to the ground on her better side, the horse stopping as the man slid off it.

"June," Finn was whispering and crouching next to her. "Come on." He tugged at the rope connecting them, rubbing the welts on her wrist in an attempt to pull her up.

"On your feet!" The grounder barked from where he was storming. June's eyes, that had once fallen shut, snapped open when a fistful of her blonde hair was pulled back. She hissed loudly in pain, her elbow swinging to strike him somehow, but missing him narrowly.

"She can't keep up," Finn pleaded with him. "She got shot with an arrow, please, give her a break."

Gritting her teeth, June felt the grounder release her hair. She fell back with a thud, panting, as he rummaged through a bag connected to his belt. "You're lucky," he grumbled. "I need as many as you alive as possible to bring to the commander. And once I find that boy - " A pop sound filled the air, but June ignored it, realizing he meant Bellamy. "We'll decide who's disposable. Now, drink."

A rim of glass was brought to June's lips. She choked in surprise when a sweet liquid filled her mouth, refusing to let it meet the back of her throat, reacting by puckering her lips and spitting it out. The drink he forced in her mouth hit him in the face, catching him by surprise but making him furious quickly. June's chest rose and fell heavily with each deep breath, as she barred her teeth. "Go... Float... Yourself..." She snarled out, a pause between each word.