Chapter 13- Time To Move

"Tikki, how much do you think I should pack?" Marinette was holding a huge pile of fresh laundry, staring at it in awe. "All of this?"

Tikki put her hand to her cheek and thought for a second. "How about you pack just enough for a month or so, and then you can come back and get more as the time goes on?"

"You're right. Adrien's house isn't that far from the bakery."

"Marinette! Adrien's gonna be here soon, are you ready?"

Marinette looked at the time and gasped. She was not ready. At all.

"Crap! Uh, yes, mama! Almost!"

Tikki shook her head and held in a laugh. "Oh, Marinette. You lost track of the time."

She flew over and pointed to the suitcase that was lying in the corner, still unpacked.

"I can-I can make it! It's 20 minutes until 4 o'clock, and as long as he isn't early-"

Tikki could hear the faint sound of a knock on the front door.

"That's him! Your dad sent him up!" Tikki exclaimed.

"Oh god- Tikki! You start- piling this in there and I'll go ask mom for help."

The kwami nodded her head and began moving as much as she could, while Marinette opened the hatch and hopped down. As she put her foot on the stairs, a loose article of clothing made her slip and lose her balance. Loudly, she tumbled down the stairs- but someone caught her.

"Whew- Thanks, Mom-"

She looked up to see Adrien staring down at her with pink cheeks. Immediately, her face heated up and she felt faint.

"Marinette, are you okay?" He asked, offering her a smile.

Oh. My. God.

His hands were on Marinette's waist, one farther up then the other. She immediately tensed, causing him to draw his hands back in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry I just didn't want you to fall."

"Oh, haha, yeah of course- thank you for not letting me break myself- I mean... fall out of my room..."

She trailed off and thought for a second before Adrien simply chuckled. "Uh, are you ready to go?"

Reality came crashing back down and Marinette looked into the kitchen. Her mom wasn't there, so she yelled out.

"Mom! Can you-"

"Yes?" Sabine came out of the laundry room holding more clothes in a basket.

"I need- help...?"

"Do you now?" Sabine raised an eyebrow and flashed a smile at Adrien, who stood next to her, still shocked from what went down.

"Mom-" Marinette hissed.

"Okay, okay. I'll come up and help you."

"Thank you." Marinette turned to face Adrien. "I'll be down in literally 5 minutes- don't go anywhere."

Her eyes widened, "Unless you want to- go somewhere I mean." She sheepily giggled and turned around, almost tripping over the bottom stair. To her horror, she saw the source of what caused her to fall earlier. A pair of pink underwear lied on the bottom step. She quickly bent over to pick them up praying that nobody else had seen them. Yet, when she looked over her shoulder to see if Adrien saw, he was staring right at her with wide eyes. She smiled awkwardly and rushed up the stairs, Sabine following her with a grin.