26 | Explain

(Y/n) P.O.V

I slowly woke up the next morning to sunlight pouring over my warmed eyelids. I peered through the light behind my eyelashes to see I was in the same bed Dazai and I were in from last night, only Dazai was missing. I sat up almost immediately at his absence, rubbed my eyes awake and looked around the room hoping to see him.

The curtains around the bed had been moved to the corner of the room, exposing the rest of his office to me. Too my surprise, the first thing I noticed was that it had the same layout as his old office in the Mafia- desk in front of the window, bookshelves to the right and cabinets to the left. A square red rug in the middle of the wooden floor.

But no Dazai.

I sighed, "Did he leave me here?" Would he do that? Perhaps he had work to do.

I saw the clock on the wall.

9:37 AM

Maybe he had gone out to do something?

I stretched my legs, my body slowly gaining more energy and alertness.

A singular white piece of paper caught my eye on his desk, looking like it was quickly hand written. Hoping it was for me, I got up from the comfort of the duvet and read the paper.

(Y/n),

Don't worry, I'm out doing business for the Agency, I'll be back later.

I hope you woke up alright. I left at nine this morning to do some interrogation work. I'm hoping you didn't have a nightmare, you weren't in a deep sleep when I left you so I'm hoping you woke up okay.
If you didn't... I'm so sorry. I think I need to speak to you about your nightmares soon.

The President is entirely guilty and deplores his actions to what he had done to you regarding the 'medicine'. He wants to apologise and explain, so he may pay you a visit today. Just a heads up.

Also, Atsushi will be meeting me at 10:15 by the docks to finish our mission and you can go with him if you like. I've spoken to him and he's not as afraid of you anymore. I explained our history a little and told him how much you mean to me and to look after you well for me whilst I'm gone.
As for the rest of the Agency, well...

Just don't go near Kunikida.

He might kill you.

Just kidding.

Just don't kill anyone, as tempting as it might be. They will look after you if you look after them. They're nice people.

See you soon,
Lots of Love, your Dazai- San

I smiled at Dazais wonky heart and cutesy letter. He used to leave letters all over the place for me to find back in the Mafia encase our schedules didn't collaborate. I was interested with the trip with Atsushi and also meeting the other members formally rather than seeing the on the other side of a battle field... also, there was one thing that stuck out to me like a saw thumb.

"The President wants to apologise?" I mutter, reading over the words Dazai engraved to the paper. My eyebrows furrowed at the though...

"Yes. I do."

I jumped and spun around to see the President by the doorframe, watching me. My hand held onto Dazais desk to steady myself. I never said a work to him as my heart rate began to decrease.

"Good morning, (y/n)."

I heard Atsushi. He walked out from beside the President and stood beside him. He had a smile on his face, a genuine smile that showed no fear that had once laid upon me. I see Dazai really had completely changed his opinion towards his enemy so quickly, which was quite impressive.