pillar || Dick Grayson

A/N: while I wait until the votes are done, you may have this lil' piece! I remember someone kinda asking for Dick cheating on the reader with Zatanna? Is that how you write her name? I forget- uhhh...

I've written something about cheating with Dick in my first book, sooo- here's something different. I hope I can nail this.

Warning(s): ANGST, drinking.

Reader's gender will not be specified.

::

You were always there for him, as his best friend, as his pillar, ever since you met.

You had seen him when he was at his worst, when he was at his best, when he met his first love, when he had his first girlfriend and told you about his amazing first time, when he had his first fight with Bruce and his girlfriend, when he had his heart broken for the first time and many times over.

You were there, listening to him rambling, crying while you hug him through everything. You helped him to stand back up, you tried and gave everything to make him smile again.

But the things you did come with a price.

Every single time you saw him breaking, falling, loving, a part of you broke.

Broke because you didn't like seeing him down, broke because you weren't the one who made him happy, broke because you weren't the one who he chose to give his cracked, fragile heart to.

Broke because right now, he was reliving the pain and you were the only person he could relay to. He had his arms tight around you, face buried in the crook of your neck where your skin was wet from his tears, the salty liquid ran down your neck and it left a cold trail on your flesh.

A half empty bottle of alcohol sitting on the coffee table before you, he had been drinking to forget the pain- but obviously, it didn't work. His face was red, no doubt, judging from the crimson on the tips of his ears.

God, you knew he had been hiding the pain for days with his smile when you weren't home, too busy at work.

He was sobbing the woman's name, asking why- why, what did I do wrong, you heard him croaking into your skin. His voice was hoarse from all the crying.

You patted his head, an arm around him. He was lying on top of you while you were beneath him, the couch was cramped, Dick was a big man after all.

You couldn't say anything, you didn't know what to say. You had never said anything.

Then your name fell from his lips as he pulled back from for neck, just like you had suspected he was a mess. Eyes red, flushed cheeks stained with tears, his nose was also red, lips were swollen from the biting he did and those exact same lips were getting closer to yours.

It was happening again.

"Dick, no," you muttered, looking into his eyes as you placed your hands on his chest, weakly trying to push him away. You didn't want to but you had to.

"Please," Dick sounded so vulnerable, voice so small you had to strain your ears to be able to hear him. His face got closer, so close to the point you felt his hot, shaking breath against your skin, "please hold me, make the pain go away."

"You're drunk, don't do this to yourself," you pushed him again, still looking into his eyes. They looked so tired, the mask he put on had crumbled- it always did when he was around you. "Dick."

Don't do this to me. You're hurting me.

Dick was too out of it to listen and you couldn't push him away, his lips were slanted against yours. The kiss was full of desperation, pain, you tasted the alcohol on his tongue, the salty tears from his eyes...and yours.

He had his hand in your hair, tangling into your messy strands while the other cupped your face, he was holding you into him tightly- desperately like his life depended on it.

Stop it.

You also clung onto him tighter, closer until you were pressing your whole body against his. Ignoring the rational part of you that was screaming for you to let him go, confront him about this, that you couldn't take it anymore, and instead you savored the moment like you always do until the morning came where he would recover and get back to his girl while you'd pretend nothing had ever happened.

::

My heart clenched. I'm ok. It's probably just a mini heart attack 😵

It's not that angsty though, I guess????