Chapter 11

Eunjae awoke to the sound of busied shuffling. She sat up in the twin bed, atop the covers and still dressed in yesterday's robes. She groggily rubbed at her eyes, noticing Chaeyoung was already up and about cleaning the room.

"Oh! You're awake! I hope I didn't disturb your sleep." She exclaimed upon witnessing Eunjae stand from the bed.

"No, don't worry. Have you been up long?" She politely replied.

Chaeyoung smiled. "I'm an early bird, if you couldn't tell. It's a blessing and a curse." She laughed and Eunjae sleepily chuckled.

The sound of Eunjae's stomach grumbling rather loudly interrupted their exchange, and Chaeyoung ceased her movements. "Are you hungry? When was the last time you ate?"

Eunjae hesitated before quietly responding, "Uh.. around four days ago..."

Chaeyoung let out a dramatic and utterly scandalized gasp. "Why wouldn't you tell me?! That is absolutely unacceptable!"

Eunjae placed her palms over her stomach. "I honestly forgot!"

Chaeyoung tutted before stating in a motherly manner. "Oh, no, this just won't do. We are going to remedy this immediately. Come along now." She grabbed Eunjae's arm and dragged her towards what would be the castle kitchen.

As they made their way, the smells wafting through the air served to spur on and intensify Eunjae's hunger. There were scents she wasn't familiar with, but were tantalizing enough to have her anticipating and ready. The two young women approached a pair of batwing doors.

Chaeyoung pushed the doors open and stepped right in, holding it open for Eunjae to enter as well, and Eunjae was instantly hit with the heavy aroma of food. Numerous individuals were at work mixing, rolling, kneading, frying, everything imaginable around the large and spacious kitchen. They were all dressed in white ensembles with lengthy aprons tied around their waists. They all busied themselves with work, not sparing the two newcomers a glance, save for one gleaming individual.

A young man with a sparkling smile and bright aura strode towards the two, wiping his hands on a cloth before tossing it onto a table.

"Chaeyoung! What brings you here, and with a new friend?" The man energetically beamed. He turned to Eunjae and bowed, offering his hand which she took. "The name's Jung Hoseok, or my friends like to call me Hobi."

Eunjae smiled at the man. "Kang Eunjae, pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine, pretty lady." Hoseok declared, his eyes tracing Eunjae's figure as he still clutched her hand. She fought the blush that threatened to blossom across her cheeks.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and scowled. "Not now, Hoseok, the girl needs a proper meal!" The fiery strawberry blonde yanked Eunjae's limb free from the chef's grasp and sent him an imperative look.

Hoseok grinned mischievously at Chaeyoung before returning his gaze to Eunjae, hands on his hips. "What'll it be? Eggs and bacon? An omelet? Or would you like something more exotic like a crepe? Quiche?"

Eunjae stared at the man as if he was speaking gibberish. She hadn't had the luxury of being able to try different delicacies; her usual meals consisted of a slab of bread, water, possibly cheese, and on a particularly fortunate day, an apple or porridge. Chaeyoung noticed Eunjae's apprehension and answered in place of her.

"Some eggs and sausage should do, she needs to revitalize. A glass of orange juice, too, if you wouldn't mind."

Hoseok nodded as she spoke before giving an enthusiastic, "Coming right up!", and striding off. Eunjae turned to her new friend.

"You're my savior."

=*=

Jimin sauntered into his father's office, allowing the guard that let him inside to shut the door behind him. His father sat behind a large mahogany desk, a layout of the kingdom, replica of the castle and all, spanning across the length of the tabletop. Jimin nodded an acknowledgment to Namjoon who was stood behind the king to the side, bowing slightly at his father as well.

"You called?" Jimin mused.

"Yes, please take a seat." Jimin did as told, one leg crossed over the other as he lounged about. "What is this I hear of you handling a prisoner privately?"

Jimin glanced timidly at Namjoon before responding, receiving only a slight lift of his shoulders in an unhelpful shrug. He sighed. "No matter the means, it is dealt with. Is that not what you wanted?"

The king grumbled. "I suppose. That's not why I called for you, anyhow." Jimin raised an eyebrow at this. His father leaned in more. "What would you say is our largest threat at the moment?"

Jimin pondered the question.

Not long ago he'd received a letter with a rather foreboding message telling him to surrender his claim to the throne and dispose of the monarchy all together, or blood would be spilled. At first, he'd been slightly wary about the entire thing, however since no action had been taken in the letter's steed, he had dismissed it and pushed it to the back of his mind.

Now, it was common knowledge that surrounding nations were envious of Violencia's wealth. The first settlers of this vast land tapped into deep mines filled with sparkling jewels that had yet to run out. It was because of this that his family and other monarchy had tense standings with one another, despite their civility and trade deals, for it isn't unheard of for outside forces to be plotting to rob or usurp their reign. The Park's ruled over this land for over 100 years, and Jimin would be damned before someone were to disrupt that lineage over some petty riches.

Jimin finally responded. "My guess would have to be the Lee's."

The king's lips curled upwards. "I agree. We've recently captured some of Lee's men after they were caught trespassing our borders with intent to, yet again, infiltrate these walls."

Jimin gripped his chin between his thumb and index finger. "Are they aware we detained their previous moles?"

The king glanced at Namjoon who, in turn, stepped forward to speak. "His majesty and I have assumed that the Lee's have caught whim of their imprisonment due to the fact that they haven't received any intel back. These new men were most likely sent to either retrieve or replace their comrades."

Jimin hummed in thought as he grasped the fresh information. He despised the notion of individuals entering his home and feeding private information to an outside party. "So what is your plan?" He asked his father.

The elder man joined his hands together. "I've decided to relinquish this assignment to you to test your capabilities."

"I will also be of assistance, your highness, in any way possible." Namjoon noted.

"Well," Jimin started as he stood from his seat. He had a potential idea, but acting on it would have to come another day. He had prior plans for today, those of which revolved around a certain young woman. "I will touch base with Namjoon shortly. If that is all, I have business to attend to."

The king eyed his son precariously before nodding curtly. "You are dismissed."

Jimin waltzed out of the room with a devious smirk.

=*=

also should i make a book for like kpop/bts tags for y'all to like get to know me? i kinda wanna. would you be interested in that?