♕ thirteen

"w-what?"

it was too late now to back down, either ashton had the same feelings or he didn't.

calum sighed, intertwining the fingers together. "i love you, ashton."

ashton was speechless. the prince loves him? that's impossible, no one can love him. he's a servant, he smells most of the time, he probably looks disgusting all of the time, and... he can't marry.

"i-i'm a servant, calum. how can you love someone like me?" ashton whispered.

calum chuckled. "you're more of a royalty than me, doll."

ashton smiled. does calum really love him? is he just lying too? he's been lied to so much that he doesn't know what is true or not anymore.

calum cupped his cheeks and raised his head. "i know you must be doubting it, but i promise to you ashton that i love you with everything in me. i love your smile, your laugh, and just everything about you."

ashton's smile grew. calum really loves him. someone actually loves him. his whole life he thought he would live the rest of his life with no one. he thought that he would never be loved.

"ashton, love, why are you crying?" calum asked softly, wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

"y-you love me, calum, and i love you too, so much." ashton said, his voice cracking.

calum never felt the way he did now. he felt overjoyed with happiness, and relief. only problem now, was that ashton was still going to be executed. he'll think of something, but now, he just wanted to be with ashton while he could. they have all night, and calum doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

they shared their first kiss that night. ashton ended up telling calum about him being a prince. the prince was angry and upset at his father even more than he is now. ashton can now leave and be happy, why is he still here? and calum can talk to him and be with him as he pleases. and who's to say two king's can't rule? calum would marry ashton in a heartbeat. it's not illegal for two princes or marry or for two princesses to marry, it's just not common, and is always looked down on.

the thought of getting to marry ashton made calum excited. he now has a way to get ashton out of here, and be alive. ashton can live the life he has always deserved. he just needed a plan, and someway to tell queen irwin that her son is here. it will probably be difficult for her to believe it, but he is pretty sure if he can find the orphanage that ashton was taken to, the queen should believe him.

calum told ashton about his step sister, and how he chose her to marry. ashton wasn't upset, he understood. he had no control over calum's life, and he felt sorry for his lover. but if calum can get his mother to believe him, they can get married. well, hopefully.

the plan was risky, but neither cared. ashton was going to go back with his family and that was final.

♕ ♕ ♕ ♕