Chapter 19

Good morning everybody!! It's 2019 already!!!

I'm really glad my update day (Tuesdays) fell on the same day as New Year!!

Wishing you all a very eventful year, full of laughter and happy moments. Hopefully HS2!

As for this chapter, just remember is happening in 2017. Harry is just kicking off his tour. We only learned about the CHASM monicker after H posted it on Insta after his first show in San Francisco. And it hasn't happened yet in the story, so Bliss is just learning about it.

As for reading recommendations this week, go check out Sammi jack. Her new story "Love For Sale" is so gripping!

Nineteen

The next few minutes passed in complete silence, as Joy watched me remove the engagement ring and fish my graduation ring out of my handbag.

My naked finger felt strange, so replacing The Duck's ring with the one my parents gifted me seemed right. It was a little loose, I never had it resized. So, Joy also watched as I wrapped sellotape around the ring to make it smaller.

"Bliss, are you sure you're all right?" she asked, carefully.

"I am," I assured her, "I need to ring Felicity. I have a small video of Café Habana that includes the Crawford-Gerbers." (I know, they're just the Gerbers. But we liked to call them the Crawford-Gerbers because we were all in awe of how amazing Cindy Crawford is).

"She's right here," Joy said turning the phone screen to the side, and both Felicity and Allegra came into view.

"Are you guys having a sleepover?" I asked.

"Of sorts." Joy answered, and then went on to explain that her parents hadn't taken the news of her going to work in beauty very well. They wanted her to go into banking. There had been a few times in the past when Joy's conservative, business-minded parents hadn't been too pleased with their daughter wanting to become a make-up artist. They were hoping it'd be a teenage phase she'd outgrow sooner or later. When things became too tense at her home, Joy would spend a couple of days at our house.

"I just think that you should tell your parents about the financial side of the beauty business," I told Jo. "It has massive revenues. Maybe if you show them the numbers they'll come around."

"Maybe you are right," Joy answered, sighing, "but they'll want me to go into the financial side of the business, and I want to work on the creative aspect."

We commiserated for a while, and were about to move to happier conversation topics when Mum popped in "How are you, puppet?" I just held up my hand with the signet ring, which pleased her no end. "I knew it would come in handy. Everything will be all right now. You just wait and see."

The Café Habana video was very well received, as were the news that I was going to Chateau Marmont that evening. "Please tell us if it is in any way similar to Chiltern Firehouse" Felicity pleaded. Leave it to her to find out that both places had the same owner.

The conversation carried on for a while, everybody had something to contribute. Joy had found a flat and a flatmate in London, where she was relocating for her new job. Allegra was on her last year of fashion at uni, and she had secured herself an internship with Temperley for half a year. Felicity had switched jobs and was now working for a company that did hen weekends; almost all of which were booked online, so she could work around her university schedule. I think I might have told you, this but just in case I haven't I'll give it another go. You see, when my parents had their firstborn (that'd be me), the got carried away with the parenthood idea and wasted neither time nor effort producing two more daughters, with thirteen months difference between each of us. I had graduated from University last year, now it was Allegra's turn, and next year it will be Felicity's.