Chapter 2

A/N: And here's chapter 2! try and spread the word about this if you can, please tell other people, vote and comment! fan me and ill fan back! love you all xx

Chapter 2

*That night*

LOUIS POV

"LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON. YOU ARE GOING TO DO AS I SAY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" Louis' father screamed at him, spit flying out of his mouth. They were in one of the rooms of their massive suite, and Mr. Tomlinson had been lecturing Louis and informing him of his responsibilities. He wanted to mold Louis into someone like him, someone ready to run the Tomlinson Boating Company and continue bringing it success. Their civilized discussion had quickly turned into a screaming match when Louis refused to go to dinner the next night with one of Mr. Tomlinson's business associates. It was a very important dinner, as they had been planning on buying more lots to build shipbuilding factories across the country. Mr. Tomlinson wanted more than anything for their family business to become nationwide, and he wanted Louis there so that Louis could observe and learn how to negotiate deals and possibly even help out himself. But Louis flat out refused to go. He said he didn't want to negotiate or learn or anything, and that he wanted to wait a few more years before taking over. Louis knew that it was probably the stupidest thing he had ever done in his life, but he was fed up with his father's ridiculousness and he definitely didn't regret it, even as his father's angry spit was hitting his face. "DAD NO. STOP. I'M DONE WITH THIS, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO YOUR STUPID DINNER, AND I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF YOUR STUPID BUSINESS!" Louis yelled at the top of his lungs. Tears stung in his eyes as he ran for the door, his father yelling behind him, "DON'T YOU DARE GO ANYWHERE, WE ARE NOT DONE HERE. YOU WILL DO AS I SAY AND YOU WILL RESPECT YOUR FATHER AND-" Mr. Tomlinson was cut off when Louis slammed the door in his face, now sobbing, as he ran down the corridor. He knew what he had to do. This was too much, he couldn't handle it anymore. He ran up a few flights of stairs to the deck, all the way to the bow of the ship. He stood behind the railing, watching the waves crash into the sides of the ship, the salty wind hitting his face, tears rolling down his cheeks. He slowly climbed over the railing until his entire body was on the other side, facing the ocean. One wrong move, one slip, and he was a goner. He braced himself and took a deep breath, ready to jump. He could do this, he would. He had to, there was no other way out.

HARRY POV

Thundering footsteps racing by woke Harry up from where he was asleep on a bench on deck, cuddled up with his sketchbook. He sat up quickly, alarmed, trying to figure out where he was. He had been sitting there, sketching the sunset, when he had decided to rest his eyes for a bit. He had probably just fallen asleep. Harry jumped out of his seat, following the footsteps. Whoever was running was frantic and scared; they were running way too fast. What had happened? Harry began running after them, following the sound of the footsteps. He turned a corner and saw that he was at the bow of the ship. A few yards away, he saw a figure on the outside of the railing at the tip of the bow, looking like they were about to jump. "WAIT!" Harry screamed. "STOP! Don't jump, please!" He sprinted toward the figure, who whipped their head around, alarmed. Harry stopped in his tracks when he recognized the young man. "Louis?" he whispered, shocked. Louis' surprised expression quickly turned into determination and anger. "Don't you dare come here Styles. Don't you dare try and stop me. I've made up my mind and I'm going to follow through!"

"But...why?" Harry asked, still whispering. "Why would you do this, Louis?"

Tears filled Louis' eyes once more. "None of your business, now leave." Harry frowned. "No. I'm not going to leave." And as soon as he finished his sentence, he began taking his shoes off. "What the hell are you doing?" Louis asked, confused. "Well," Harry began, "If you jump, then I'm going to have to jump in to save you." Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "No you're not! I don't want you to!" Harry laughed. "You can't stop me. I will jump after you, into that dark, icy water. Damn. That'll hurt, that water's really cold." Louis' expression turned slightly frightened. Harry quickly started talking again, hoping to convince the boy into climbing back onboard. "You jump, I jump Lou. Don't do this to yourself. Please."

Louis looked back down at the water, then up at Harry. Without a word, Louis climbed back over the railing and Harry helped him back onto the ship. Harry smiled at Louis, and started putting his shoes back on. "Please don't ever even consider doing that. Even if you think there's no hope, there always is, I promise you that. And if you ever need anyone to talk to about anything at all, I'm here. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night if you were gone, Louis. I know I just met you today but....I feel like we've been good friends for a while now." Harry said softly. Tears started slowly rolling down Louis' cheeks as he reached out and pulled Harry into a long, tight hug. Harry was surprised at the sudden closeness, but didn't complain, hugging Louis back. "Thank you," Louis whispered. "Really. Thank you so much Harry." He pulled back and Harry grinned at Louis. "Whenever you need me, I'm here. I promise, I swear on my life." Louis opened his mouth to respond, but was silenced by more footsteps running toward them. He turned and saw multiple people with flashlights and hats running up to them, a tall man at the lead. "Louis! We've been searching this entire ship for you! Are you alright? Why are you just standing out here? It's freezing, you're going to catch a cold!" the tall man said, completely ignoring Harry. "Yeah dad, mmfine." Louis muttered, not looking at his father. "Come on then it's freezing out here. We'll discuss more tomorrow, you need to get warm."

"Dad, I'm not a baby. I just came out here to think a bit and calm down, that's all." Louis said, tense, looking at Harry hopefully. Harry knew Louis didn't want him to say anything about Louis' little jumping incident. Harry nodded ever so slightly, with that one motion letting Louis know that he would keep his secret. Louis' shoulders relaxed as he grinned at Harry thankfully. Then, his eyes suddenly lit up. "Hey dad?" he asked. "Yes?" his father replied. "This is Harry Styles. I just met him today and he's a really great guy. Do you think he could come to the business dinner with us tomorrow night?" he asked hopefully. Harry's eyes widened. Wow. Dinner with Louis and his father? He began blushing. Wow. It was kind of like a date. Sort of. But...his dad would be there. Whatever, it still had to count for something, right? Mr. Tomlinson turned around to face Harry, crinkling his nose in disgust. Harry furrowed his eyebrows, deciding that he didn't like Mr. Tomlinson very much. "Louis, this is a dinner strictly for first class passengers only," he said, emphasizing 'first class.' Harry rolled his eyes. So the Tomlinsons were loaded. Louis hadn't seemed like the rich kid type....but then again, everything about Louis seemed to surprise him. He still couldn't understand why Louis wanted to jump off the boat....especially if he was rich. He should be happy. "Dad," Louis said, interrupting Harry's thoughts. "If Harry can't come, then I won't go." Louis commanded. Mr. Tomlinson's eyes widened in surprise, and he opened his mouth as if he was going to scold his son, but then closed his mouth again. He gave Harry another cold look, and said "Fine. But he better be dressed properly, this is a formal dinner. I hope you have manners, peasant. You better be well-behaved." With that, Mr. Tomlinson walked off, followed by the officers with the flashlights. Louis looked shocked. "Harry oh my god I'm so sorry about my father. I'm not like him at all, I swear! He's an idiot, he's not very accepting of...well...people who-"

"Dirt poor kids? It's fine, you can say it. I'm not insulted." Harry cut Louis off. "Don't worry Lou, your father hasn't scared me off. I promised you I'd be there for you whenever you want me, and I'm a man of my word. I'll be at the dinner tomorrow night," he grinned, winking at Louis. Louis blushed, which gave Harry much satisfaction and happiness. He looked so adorable with the red coloring his cheeks, and the blush made his eyes look deeper and bluer than before. He really was perfect. "We're going to be eating in the main dining area on the first class floor at 7. I'll see you then," Louis called over his shoulder as he followed his father and the officers. Harry waved goodbye, butterflies fluttering madly in his stomach. He couldn't wait for tomorrow night.