Chapter Forty Six

Rosé

Daniel wraps his arms around me from behind as I stare out the floor-to-ceiling window. I welcome his warmth, my eyes water from feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

"Are you cold?" Daniel softly asks, his voice like butter.

I smile as I hug myself around his strong arms bound around me.

"No."

Daniel places a gentle kiss on the top of my head and then we spend some peaceful moments staring out the window—at the moon, the ocean.

"Thank you." I break the silence with my words.

Daniel hums and snuggles his face in my hair and the gesture makes my heart skip a beat.

"Rosé."

I hum. Then he twirls me around until I'm looking into his warm chocolate brown eyes.

"I'm sorry for calling you a slut." Daniel apologizes with the rueful emotion pouring from his eyes, "You're not a slut, you're you, Rosé, you can't be a slut—I mean you can be if you wanna be because you know it's your choice and I don't have the right to slut-shame you so you can be a slut if you wanna be a slut but can you be my slut, Rosé, you're so cute, I—"

I shut him up by kissing him.

Leave it to Daniel to apologize and be adorable at the same time. I was hurt when he called me a slut but it's good he apologized.

I smile in our kiss. I'm on my tippy toes as I cradle his cheeks and lose myself in our kiss. Daniel groans and breaks the kiss.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you after our kiss too," Daniel caresses my cheeks, his eyes bouncing between mine, "I didn't end things with you because of whatever you and Wren have, I ended things because...after we kissed, I realized how wrong I am for you. And I lied when I said you're broken. You're not fucking broken. I'm a fucked up mess, I break things. I can't keep you happy, Rosé and that scares me because I don't wanna lose you. I wanna be selfish but I don't wanna hurt you."

My heart swells with warmth and adoration and a little annoyance.

I feel so relieved that he didn't end things because of my past with Wren. I know Daniel is not that kind of a person, wouldn't judge me but still, him finding out the entire truth haunts me. I'm scared because I don't want to lose him.

He's not a fucked up mess, he's passionate. Daniel hides his emotions and hates wearing his heart on his sleeve and that persona makes him out to be heartless. And he has no right to decide if he can keep me happy or not, that's my decision. He makes me happy, despite our back and forth fights.

"You're not wrong for me and you're not a fucked up mess," I caress his cheek with love, "You make me happy, Daniel. Be selfish."

Daniel smiles and it's the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. His dimples make him look so boyish and adorable. Daniel takes my lips in a soft kiss. It's not fervent, it's tender. It's what this moment between us needs. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss, the warmth between our bodies is comforting.

When I break our kiss, I see some red color on his hoodie.

"What is that?"

I narrow my eyes at the color and horrible thoughts cloud my head. Daniel doesn't say anything which only makes my worry intensify.

"Daniel," I look into his eyes, frustrated and worried, "You're bleeding."

Daniel looks at his arm and back at me seeming too unbothered for my liking.