Mina - Memories

Y/N's POV

It wasn't intentional. We met as friends and then fell in love.

//Flash Back//

Today I am going to hangout with Taehyung and Mina. We were going to hangout by the piano room because he wanted to show me this new song he learnt. Obviously I was there first. He's never on time to anything to be honest. Anyways I got bored so I started to play one of my favorite songs. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. *the song is up there! Just listen to it!*

After I was done playing I suddenly heard clapping behind me. I then quickly turned around just to see Taehyung and Mina.

"You guys scared me." I said while clenching my heart.

"Dude that was great!" Taehyung said proudly.

"Of course. You never fail to surprise me. You just keep getting more and more interesting." Mina said still clapping.

"I mean it wasn't even that good to be honest." I said while scratching the back of my head.

"Oh trust me, that was awesome. You're like the first girl I know that can actually play that good." Mina said while laughing.

"Well I'll take that compliment then." I said and bowed.

"Ew, can you guys stop being gay. Now it's my turn." Taehyung sassed.

"Says the one who's gay, okay." I said.

"Yeah yeah haha very funny Y/N." Tae snickered back.

"I mean I thought it was funny." Mina supported my defense. Anyways Tae played his song and then suddenly Mina asked to play and while she was playing she was also singing. Let me tell you I have never seen any other girls play that good besides me. And bonus point, she was also singing. I was both amazed and memorized. I didn't realize then that, that will be the beginning of me falling for her.

// End of Flash Back//

Throughout the school year, my feelings started growing more and more. I didn't, wait, I mean I couldn't stop my feelings. It was like I was yearning for her so much even though I knew she was just a friend. A close friend. Nothing else and nothing more. Eventually I got tired of this feeling and decided to just confess because if there's that one chance that she will like me too, why not take it? Life is all about taking risks and living with no regrets so I went for it.

During that time, I was so thankful that she also liked me back. I remember that day like it was just yesterday. I was so so excited and happy. This new feeling of joy that I was feeling was so nice and comforting. It was almost like I finally found what I've been searching for. At first everything was new but exciting and sweet. We were at that honeymoon stage. But eventually one of us starting losing feelings. We started getting into small stupid arguments. We couldn't trust each other. We had our doubts. We stopped telling each other personal things about our life. She stopped making time for me. She was always busy. It was so hard for me because I truly didn't feel loved. It was hard trying to fight against what I knew and what I wanted. I wanted things to just workout and for things to just go back to how it was but I knew that these little things were signs that it is time to end things.

Sometimes it is hard to let go because we don't want to let go. That's why we keep letting these little red flags slip away. We keep forgiving that person every time they apologize. But did they really mean it? If they did, then why did they repeat the same mistakes? When a person drops a plate on the floor, it cracks. Even if you keep saying sorry to it, the plate cannot be fixed anymore. It's already broken. The point is that, when you keep letting these little things go, you're slowing breaking your heart. Sure love is not all about happiness but if you're always constantly in pain and doubt, then it is not love. It takes two people to make a relationship work and if the other person doesn't even try anymore then they aren't ready for a relationship. I was one of the victims who kept letting these little mistakes go. Eventually I got fed up and tired of feeling this way and broke things off.

Break ups. I hate break ups. I hate knowing that the person I wanted so much isn't here with me anymore. The person that I was willing to sacrifice my happiness for. The person who I wanted to build with isn't with me anymore. The first couple days will hit you but not that hard. Then those first couple weeks come and it just hits you so hard. Like why did things have to end this way? If I knew we were going to just break up and be strangers again, why didn't I just keep things that way in the beginning? Why did I get such a bittersweet ending? Why can't I just get a happy ending? You will eventually start missing them more then usual. To the point where you just want to forgive them just to be with them again. But here's the thing. You were only thinking about those happy memories. Not the sad ones. The ones where you felt like giving up. The ones where you started feeling insecure. The ones where you didn't feel love-able. The ones that made you feel like shit. Those are there to remind you why you left and why you shouldn't go back.

If it is really meant to be, you guys will find your way back to each other in the future but for now, only look at those as memories.

-The end-