at last

"Are you ready?" Mingi calls out while knocking on the bathroom door. "Movie starts at 7 so we've gotta hurry if we wanna make it"

"Yeah I'm ready" Hongjoong calls out on the other side of the door. He was moving around and trying to calm his nerves. Truth was he was nervous about tonight.

He's always seen Mingi as a really good friend, almost like a brother but lately he didn't know anymore. His heart rate would always speed up whenever he's around and he sometimes would get shaky knees. He'd never felt this way around someone before. Not even around Wooyoung.

Finally he takes one last breathe before opening the door and stepping out. Mingi stood there with a concerned look on.

"You ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just excited" Hongjoong smiles widely then pulls him along by the arm.

Seonghwa was thankfully not in the dorm yet but Yeosang was. Hongjoong knew the taller would just tease the hell out of him if he was around. "Have fun children" Yeosang calls in a sing-song voice from his spot on his bed.

"See ya" Hongjoong waves and they make their way out the building.

Since Hongjoong had his car he drove them to the nearest theater. Hongjoong used that moment to sort of calm himself down so he put on the radio and turned up the volume.

Mingi looks at him in question as Hongjoong began dancing like he was having a seizure. "Yah- are you ok?" He asks with a chuckle and Hongjoong just laughs at himself.

"Ha ha" He says sarcastically. "C'mon, dance with me" He urges while glancing at Mingi then looking back at the road.

"Keep your eyes on the road before we die" The taller says, jokingly.

"Pfft, we're not gonna die. I'm a great driver" Hongjoong replies with a pout.

"I'm sure you are"

When they arrive at the theater they made their way inside together then stand in line to get their tickets. After getting their tickets, a large popcorn to share and 2 drinks they enter the dark theater.

It was relatively empty so they decide to sit at the very top. The movie begins and Hongjoong shifts closer to the taller. Mingi at first tenses up but soon calms down and wraps his arm around Hongjoong, the popcorn sitting on the shorter's lap.

The movie goes on but both roommates just talk or laugh through most of it. It ends just as soon as it starts. "That was really good" Hongjoong comments as they walk out the theater. They both throw out their empty cups and the popcorn bag before stepping outside.

"Yeah I guess it was pretty cool. Too bad we pretty much talked through the whole thing" Mingi laughs a bit and Hongjoong couldn't help but chuckle as well. They both enter the car and Hongjoong sighs before turning to Mingi.

"Can we not go back yet? Let's go somewhere" He asks and Mingi was a bit taken back by the offer but he knew that this was a blessing in disguise, he too didn't want the night to end so he smiles before stepping out the passenger's seat.

Hongjoong looks at him in question through the car windows as the taller walks around and up to the driver's door. Mingi opens and Hongjoong steps out with a confused look on.

"I've got somewhere in mind so I'm driving" Mingi then takes the keys from Hongjoong's small hands.

Hongjoong shrugs before walking around the car and into the passenger's seat. They take off and Hongjoong kept looking out the window to see if he could figure out where they were going.