Chapter 1

"We are only friends!" Remus thought repeatedly, as tossed and turned in his bed.

He couldn't sleep knowing that, that beautiful boy was sleeping right next to himself. The only problem was, he had become involved with Melanie Drape. Seeing as how Sirius had never taken an interest into girls before she asked him out, it shocked Remus. He was completely and utterly infatuated with this boy, but how had he been so naïve as to think Sirius had felt the same way towards him.

The fact that Remus was...was well he really didn't know what his sexuality was. Thus adding to his list of oddities. He had never really liked someone before he met Sirius five years ago, maybe it was the fact that he hated himself so much that he hadn't a sliver of hope that he would have someone to love. Whatever the reason was, he had never been able to figure out his sexuality. But he was so, so stupid. Why would that perfect, stunning boy love...a monster?

During his free hour, Remus now usually sat by the lake rather than hanging out with Sirius and...Melanie. It usually gave him time to wrestle with his self-loathing and think of ways to rid the school of Melanie. Most of were too brutal anyway, so that was off the table. Nonetheless, the lake gave him a sort of tranquility. He didn't have to see Sirius, because every time he did he wanted to hate that boy so much, but he couldn't. He was undeniably smitten, and just the mere sight of him made him weak. Although he was usually able to snap out of it, due to the fact that the sight of Melanie made him nauseous .

Just as he thought he would have the hour alone, he saw Sirius' bright eyes and curly hair. He felt dizzy.

"There you are!" a Melanie-less Sirius exclaimed, as he walked over to Remus.

Remus just smiled and waved, before turning back to the lake.

Sirius sat down next to him and put his head in Remus' lap, making Remus' stomach do cartwheels. He wanted to scream. Why was Sirius so oblivious?

"So," Sirius started "How was potions?"

"Fine," Remus replied, head down.

Sirius looked concerned "Moony, is something wrong?"

Remus looked up at Sirius and wanted to yell at him," Yes! It's the fact that you're with Melanie and I still cannot get over you!" But he didn't.

Instead, he just said "No."

"Re..."

"Seriously Pad, I'm fine!" Remus said.

"If you say so," said Sirius, unconvinced.

The two sat in awkward silence for the rest of the hour, Remus filled with envy and completely infatuated and Sirius utterly baffled.

Hey! If you guys like this story, please please check out my new one. It's Draco Malfoy x Reader. Thanks!