3.8

*unedited*
Happy 2019, y'all!
Eh...sorry it's a bit later than expected...I kept getting distracted. The chapter is short because I tried to make it in time to midnight owo.

Sun Hui finally could say he had a proper use of his walking cane. The doctors had let him go, and he had to use the cane for support.

That, and Clyde seemed too eager to physically support his master now. Sun Hui was fully convinced that his butler was actually a pedophile pervert.

Caroline led the man in by the handcuffs, throwing him into the room. He stumbled and fell to his knees. Caroline proceeded to dig her heel in his back, forcing him to bend in a bowing position.

"Your majesty, Lord Richard and I have taken care of the serial killer," Caroline announced.

"Did you say 'Lord Richard and I'? I was unaware that you two started a tag team. You're usually at each other's throats," the queen placed a dainty hand on the curve of her face. Her eyes sparkled in faint amusement.

"We've settled our differences, your majesty," Sun Hui put in.

"Hm, shame. I rather enjoyed your little...disputes, but I have a feeling this new teamwork thing you're endeavoring in will be much entertaining," she gave a slight curve of her lip. But soon that upward curve turned downward as her eyes narrowed, "You were rather late in carrying out my orders. Do explain."

"My queen, my lord had some trouble while catching the culprit. The doctors had delayed his stay at the hospital for two weeks in order to heal. They had captured the lunatic those two weeks ago, and he stayed in the psychiatric ward as he recovered," Clyde said, bowing.

The queen seemed to finally notice Clyde and gave a smile, "Ah, Carson. My apologies, I failed to notice you when you came."

She took a look at Sun Hui, noticing that he did indeed look quite broken.

Then she looked at the culprit, "I would love to see what made you think you can threaten my position. Speak."

"I don't think that's a wise idea," Caroline rushed. "He's quite...unstable. I'm afraid he'll insult you and try something."

"Nonsense," she waved. "I have you two, plus Carson, and all my other guards."

"You think you're just so safe, do you? That will be your downfall! He's going to come, he's going to rise from the shadows, and he'll make this world exactly what's it's meant to be! Chaos!" the man cackled.

The queen frowned for a second, and a flash of fear entered her cold eyes and her bright skin slightly turned paler. But she put up a facade and yelled at her guards to take him away to be dealt with accordingly.

And over the next few months, Sun Hui and Caroline worked to prove to the queen that they were officially working together as a team and not as rivals anymore. While the queen was sad that the competition was over, she was thrilled to actually have her two best get along. It meant more efficiency in their work, which meant more safety to the kingdom and her position.

"You have to tell him what I saw," Caroline hissed at Clyde.

Sun Hui had just gotten back from a brief business meeting when he overheard Caroline speaking. He meant to greet her and talk about her progress of memories when he saw that she was actually speaking to Clyde—and rather aggressively.

"And why would I do that? He's perfectly fine not knowing. Now, get out of my way. You're such a pest," Clyde hissed back.

"You have no idea how this affects the both of you, do you? And you can stop being jealous with me—I know when someone has been claimed," Caroline said. "And...I think there's someone else for me, anyway."

"Well, good for you. Now, get out of my way," Clyde said, rolling his eyes and pushing her aside. "I'm just a butler to him, a butler he doesn't care about. It makes no difference."

"Soon, you're going to lose every ounce of sanity! Both of you are just so...ugh, men!" Caroline threw her hands up. "Don't say I didn't warn you if something bad happens! And by bad, I mean crazy!"

Sun Hui pressed himself up against a wall as Clyde stormed out of the room, not wanting to get spotted.

What are they talking about? What does it have to do with me?