Our Future

Our Future

(Aimee POV)

I was in court, and I was drilling this sick man who was in the business of selling children, making them prostitutes and sex slaves.

"Your honor, this man is guilty, and I have evidence that he is with videos of that backing it up," I said to the judge, who nodded his head.

"I did no such-" The prick started to say, but the judge cut him off.

"He's a liar." A voice came from the court seats, and I turned around, narrowing my eyes at the little boy who didn't look sorry for bursting out but sorry for upsetting me.

I turned around, drilling the guy with questions.

"Isn't that you right there, in the video with those little boys. Is that not you!" I yelled at him, and he was shivering with a scared expression on his face.

He dared lied when he's been caught; right there is a video with little boys that he was selling off as a sex slave. He's been captured by the camera, by me and the police.

It made me angry that he felt the need to plead innocent.

I couldn't stand creatures like him, so I drilled him so hard with my questions, showing everyone in court my proof and things he didn't know we had on him. It led him to confess right there for his crimes, shocking everyone in court.

"Yes!" A yell came from the court seats.

The judge narrowed his eyes at the boy, choosing to ignore his outburst, which would surprise the other people in the courtroom.  I turned around, looking at the boy who just yelled, giving him an annoyed look.

I turned back around just in time to hear the judge giving the sorry excuse of a human being his sentence.

My heart clenched as images of the children still appeared on the video.

We were excused from court. Of course, I won my case; I will win all my cases, that is a promise.

I walked out of the courtroom, going into the lobby.

I shook my head at the little boy who was trying to see where the guards were taking the sicko.

"So, you couldn't keep quiet in the courtroom?" I asked him. He turned around and smiled at me.

"How could I? You were kicking ass in there! It was amazing, and I'm your number one fan." He said, causing me to smile.

"Is that so?" I asked him. He playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Yes, it is so. I am your number one fan, and I will always be your number one fan." He said to me.

"Uh, I don't think so. I am her number one fan." Anthony's voice pulled us away, and I looked up to see him walking towards us with the identical version of the silly little boy who was talking to me and carrying another kid in his arms.

"Nope, sorry. You lost your place. I am definitely her number one fan." He said, smiling at Anthony.

Anthony let out a laugh.

"Uh, listen. I am the original. You're the remix." Anthony said, getting a laugh from me.

"Well, mom just kicked butt in the courtroom, and I got front row seat," Jeremy said.

I made eye contact with his brother Jaden, who smiled up at me. I opened my arms, and he walked into the hug.

I kissed his head.